What did you buy your ebike this week?

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
This week I have purchased and fitted a new Thule rear tour rack(the strap on type), with the side frames, for a total of £100, saving of £35. To fit my Agu quorum panniers 38ltrs

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Why would you need an external battery?
GoPro's last for hours? I regularly use the same battery on my GoPro for whole weekends? (only recording a few hours of footage?)
If you use the higher resolutions, stabilisation, have the screen and wifi/BT connection on (kinda the whole point in spending GoPro money). Gopro batteries don't last an hour.

Ive never managed to get a gopro battery to last an entire ride and that's only filming the descents.
one battery barely does a hyperlapse of my long roadbike commute

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
I always have all the features on, record in 4k at (sometimes) 60 FPS always get plenty of hours from any one of my GoPro's?
That said I don't turn it on and leave it recording, I record the fun bits, not the climbs or transitions.
My daughter left her's on through London the other day by accident, 1.5hrs of time-lapse and the card filled up before the battery ran out?
I wonder what I'm doing differently to make them last?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Who knows.
Which go pro model do you actually have?
Mine's a hero7 black

_20211103_135219.JPG

Seems about right

Last edited:

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
This has been a challenge. I couldn't find any at a reasonable price in the U.S., so I ordered them direct from Germany. The first time through Customs, the package got rejected and sent back to the seller. The second time worked like a charm. They arrived today. w00t!

IMG_3522.jpeg

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
This has been a challenge. I couldn't find any at a reasonable price in the U.S., so I ordered them direct from Germany. The first time through Customs, the package got rejected and sent back to the seller. The second time worked like a charm. They arrived today. w00t!

View attachment 75144
I love my mt7 brakes but they do take a fair bit of TLC. The organic 8P pads that come with the kit have a very strong bite, which some love and others hate. The levers are good, but I eventually swapped mine for THESE which are awesome. Watch out for leaks coming from underneath of the BAT... HERE ... (rotating dial on the reservoir) the underneath bit has a clip with a tension spring inside and is fiddly to do up properly. My advice is to YouTube magura's videos to familiarise yourself with the bleeding procedures and parts on the brakes. Some good advice out there on maintenance.

I also think the calliper looks better with the yellow rings removed😉 they just pop out with a screwdriver.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
I love my mt7 brakes but they do take a fair bit of TLC. The organic 8P pads that come with the kit have a very strong bite, which some love and others hate. The levers are good, but I eventually swapped mine for THESE which are awesome. Watch out for leaks coming from underneath of the BAT... HERE ... (rotating dial on the reservoir) the underneath bit has a clip with a tension spring inside and is fiddly to do up properly. My advice is to YouTube magura's videos to familiarise yourself with the bleeding procedures and parts on the brakes. Some good advice out there on maintenance.

I also think the calliper looks better with the yellow rings removed😉 they just pop out with a screwdriver.
Look better with purple inserts ;)
I've not had any issues with mine with leaking or bleeding but since my Scottish trip the front brake squeaks, two different sets of pads tried? can't dial it out?

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-12 at 12.18.06.jpeg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
ABUS Combiflex 2503/120 cable lock. Weight 89gm.

Abus cable lock.jpg

I use it to secure my bike for when I absolutely have to leave the bike unattended for a short period, or when the bike is in view but at a distance. I had a different make for years until it broke, but the 1m long cable was a bit short from time to time. It might delay or deter any opportunistic thief for just long enough. I'd rather have it than not though.

The 2503 gives you a four-digit code, 2501 gives you only 3 but is cheaper. The 120 refers to the length of the cable. They come in different sizes down to 65cm, which are cheaper.

I bought two; one for me and one for my grandson
£17.99 x2 less a £5 discount for spending more than £30 = £15.49 each

Last edited:

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
My new custom wheelset finally arrived! Like most things these days, they were stuck on a boat in a shipping port for a while.

NOBL TR41 Carbon Rims, Sapim Race Spokes, Industry 9 Hydra Hubs

View attachment 75215
View attachment 75216

Nice carbon wheelset, I really wonder how the Hydra hubs will hold up long term with ebike use. I was considering I9 Hydra's but due to long lead-times and I went with DT Swiss 240 hubs. But I know that DT doesn't recommend upgrading to there 54-tooth ratchet setup for ebikes. I think you almost don't want that instant engagement on ebikes.

AdmChr

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Nov 21, 2019
SWPA
Nice carbon wheelset, I really wonder how the Hydra hubs will hold up long term with ebike use. I was considering I9 Hydra's but due to long lead-times and I went with DT Swiss 240 hubs. But I know that DT doesn't recommend upgrading to there 54-tooth ratchet setup for ebikes. I think you almost don't want that instant engagement on ebikes.

I have the exact same wheelset, including the same hubs for my full power Kenevo and TR38 w/ Hydra hubs on my DH bike, so far all of my Hydra hubs have been excellent! The only thing that may be different is that I clean out the factory grease and use Dumonde Tech Freehub Oil from day one, no clue if that is actually any better but it's just what I prefer. And in my DT Swiss 240s hubs I use their Freehub Grease. Even with 54t star rachets, not a single issue. I do spin my e-bikes like normal bikes at 75-80rpm, also clean and service my hubs each winter only because I really enjoy wrenching on bikes (not cause they really need it lol).

AdmChr

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Nov 21, 2019
SWPA
Bring on the darkness :devilish:
First night ride and man was it awesome! I'm blown away with the fit, finish, and performance of this setup so far! Absolutely perfect and exactly what I wanted out of a lighting system!

Outbound Lighting Trail Evo and Hangover light system.

70E04883-DC0F-4C85-864A-038BF1D7737F_1_105_c.jpeg
B52DFFB8-9D32-49C0-8B13-98648064EAEE_1_105_c.jpeg
BFBBBB0A-B3B9-4C84-94FD-EE89F897AE8B_1_105_c.jpeg
B2C5CF9E-679B-437D-8899-3F63D809EAD9_1_105_c.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles