What did you buy your ebike this week?

Jun 15, 2021
sussex
2x XTR M9120 brake levers ready for my Shigura upgrade
a £48 water bottle and cage...but it is called a Thirstmaster so must be worth it :)
New brake pads
A stamp to send my POS brakes off to SRAM to get them fixed

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Finally, persuaded myself to press the button.
225736-736433_1_Supersize.jpg

DtEW

Dec 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
Picked up a Magura brake clamp to Shimano SLX Shifter (right m7100)(Shiftmix 4). I seem to be missing a small mount (outlined in red) in order to fasten the shifter to the Magura brake mount. Trying to cleanup the cockpit a bit.
What is this L-bracket called? …and I can’t seem to find it anywhere.

View attachment 67764

View attachment 67765

View attachment 67766

Here is an aftermarket version designed specifically for converting from a band-type shifter mount to an I-Spec EV mount.

And here are OEM parts... but it is possible that the OEM L-bracket is designed to work with the specific OEM cover, making it more of conversion (read: more work, maybe more risk for failure.)

Last edited:

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Here is an aftermarket version designed specifically for converting from a band-type shifter mount to an I-Spec EV mount.

And here are OEM parts... but it is possible that the OEM L-bracket is designed to work with the specific OEM cover, making it more of conversion (read: more work, maybe more risk for failure.)
Thanks dtew.
One of those looks like the mount. I’ll have to see if one of those may work. The price isn’t too bad either.
I’m secretly hoping my derailer will fail so I can justify a sram AXS…maybe my dropper will wear out first though. I’m on a wireless mode ($$$$)…what’s wrong with me?

Akelu

Jul 31, 2020
Australia
Ordered a set of revgrips suspension grips to replace Ergon GA3 due to blisters and discomfort.

Also replacing my tires. Bike is a 130mm trail bike it came with both 29 2.6" Maxxis Rekon DC exo. I'm switching the front out for a 29 2.6" Maxxis Dissector with Maxx terra exo+ and the rear with another Rekon, but this time with Maxx terra exo+.

Just hoping that the Maxx terra compound on the rear lasts somewhat decent time compared to the previous dual compound. Time will tell.

I also ordered a new set of hex wrenches. The Wera Bicycle #4 kit. Heard very good things about these, bit expensive but good quality and should last forever. They come with a rubberised grip, and special hex ends that are shaped in a certain way to prevent threading. Also come in a neat little pouch that's much easier to access than those plastic holders.
images (24).jpeg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
New Maxxis Minion 27.5 x 2.5" blah blah blah DD..to replace the 2.4" on the rear ( which I couldnt find in stock anywhere ..had to go through a bit of pain with some online sites claiming to have the 2.4 in stock only to find that they hadnt ..
Saying that this thing must be titanium plated on the inside ..£89.00 including the delivery charge !
Having ordered it last Friday I still havent had a despatch notice ..although they have taken my money.. time to rattle a few cages methinks ..just as well its not needed just yet ..

AdmChr

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Nov 21, 2019
SWPA
Shimano XTR BR-M9120 Brake set
Magura MDR-P 220mm Front, 203 Rear Rotors
DEITY Speedway Carbon 35mm Handlebar
DEITY Lockjaw Grips
DEITY Crosshair Stem Cap
Cane Creek Crown Race (you know, with a MF'ing SEAL!)
Waiting on MTX Gold brake pads to arrive

IMG_1211-edit.jpg

IMG_1217-edit.jpg

ADF3B59A-EF74-400C-9815-A4E81ABC65DF.jpeg

Swiftdaddy

Aug 14, 2021
I bought my bike this week after dreaming of an emtb for years I finally pulled the trigger. I have a 2022 Norco Range VLT a2 w/ 900wh battery on the way... LBS said it should be here next month but it was supposed to be here this month in the first place so fingers crossed...

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
New Left hand Shimano XT brake lever assembly.
I had bent the lever at right angles downwards in an unplanned dismount. When I tried to straighten it the lever broke (as expected, but I had to try). The LBS at the trail centre gave me a Shimano XT lever assembly that was out of his scrap box. His was an M8000, mine was an M8100. But the levers looked identical. Once the lever was out of mine and the donor lever offered up, it was clear the 8000 lever was a millimetre thicker than the 8100. So the new improved 8100 was lighter .... and weaker!

No 8100 levers in stock! Ah well, new lever assembly please! :) Ordered Fri 4:30pm, arrived Mon afternoon. :)

I have ordered a lever for the 8100, so when it comes I will have a lever assembly as a spare or to sell. I wonder how long that will take? :unsure:

SGS

Jan 5, 2021
Sydney
A new rear tyre (after the original one failed), nice new blue valves to match the colour scheme and a Cushcore bead dropper to make tyre removal easier

012-2.jpg

014-2.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles