What did you buy your ebike this week?

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Must be a bitch carrying the mower too ??

I made some out of paracord , larger loop to go over your saddle and slide down below the clamp and a smaller loop to hook under the clamps on the towed bike. Need to make more as I ended up giving them away to people I towed. Weigh nothing and get stuffed in a pocket.

It doesn't look too difficult:

1624130247799.png

1624130267119.png

1624130357141.png

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Must be a bitch carrying the mower too ??

I made some out of paracord , larger loop to go over your saddle and slide down below the clamp and a smaller loop to hook under the clamps on the towed bike. Need to make more as I ended up giving them away to people I towed. Weigh nothing and get stuffed in a pocket.
Thanks, i like it. In the pocket would be a bit quicker. Para cord is pretty amazing. Static and superstrong. Once did a 4 days on a glacial ski traverse after repairing a broken fritschi freeride ski binding. Worked so well i skied on it a few single days after. Ez to tie a knot and it stays tensioned. I need to replentish the stocks just to have some. I think i still want a mounted retractable tow cord though. A friend said she had one that was marketed as towing kids and it was reasonably priced. Both are on the list. Wonder how itll work on the mower though? Probably start first pull erry time!!

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
In a moment of madness I’ve just managed to order one of these from my local LBS, due around September ish

C496A810-44E1-4BD4-816A-F09DD0E3ABCA.png

To add to the madness, ordered this one for my other half too. So matching his & hers bikes (hers arrives mid August)

838E6F08-FDC5-4B7A-BE66-F316BF6B1E14.png

Got the range extender thrown into the deal (thank you LBS) and upgrading the brakes to MT5’s. Other than that, stock M20’s

Nothing wrong with my current Haibike, still a beast, just sold on the lighter weight bikes. Excited.com

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
In a moment of madness I’ve just managed to order one of these from my local LBS, due around September ish

View attachment 64802

To add to the madness, ordered this one for my other half too. So matching his & hers bikes (hers arrives mid August)

View attachment 64803

Got the range extender thrown into the deal (thank you LBS) and upgrading the brakes to MT5’s. Other than that, stock M20’s

Nothing wrong with my current Haibike, still a beast, just sold on the lighter weight bikes. Excited.com
You ordered two bikes at the same time. Are you a gynecologist or dentist ? ?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
You ordered two bikes at the same time. Are you a gynecologist or dentist ? ?

Neither. I’m just a bit mad! I already have two ebikes, a full suss and a hardtail, so once the Rise’s are delivered I’ll sell the current bikes to help fund the new ones. Or maybe keep my full suss and sell a motorbike ?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I have a double garage with aluminium doors. The garage gets very warm in the summer and very cold in the winter. In addition, the matt finish on the doors sucks in the light from my two 80W fluorescent tubes. So I bought two rolls of that laminate they put behind radiators to stop the heat from being conducted out through the wall (3mm polystyrene) and to reflect the heat back in (aluminised foil). Cost me £10 for each garage door, plus some wallpaper paste mixed up to the stiffest concentration for heavy embossed papers. Both products from the DIY store.

Here is the after.
Garage door 1.jpg

(Note: You can see one of the two bolts I use on each door to prevent it being opened from outside. The bolt goes into a hole drilled in the concrete floor).

It took me almost as long to clear all the crap out of the way of the door, plus removing all the cobwebs, spiders and sundry dead insects than it did to paste the reflective sheet onto the door.

And here is the other door waiting to be done. (You can see where all the crap went). It is difficult to tell how much darker that side of the garage is because the auto flash came on for this side.
Garage Door 2.jpg

When I put my hand on the shiny surface, the insulating effect compared to the other door is astonishing. Even if it doesn't keep the garage cool in summer and warmer in winter, the light boost alone is worth the effort.

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@steve_sordy Great idea on the lower bolts im going to improve my garage security with this method. Thanks.
I bought four ordinary sliding bolts and rivetted them through the screw holes to the garage door with a pop rivet gun. Then painted over the rivets on the outside so as not to draw attention to them (in garage door colour, obvs). Easy and quick to do. Drill your holes in the concrete floor before you rivet the bolt to the door. Use the bolt in the hole to position the carrier to the door. The holes will slowly fill with crap, so they need rodding out now and again.

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
I bought four ordinary sliding bolts and rivetted them through the screw holes to the garage door with a pop rivet gun. Then painted over the rivets on the outside so as not to draw attention to them (in garage door colour, obvs). Easy and quick to do. Drill your holes in the concrete floor before you rivet the bolt to the door. Use the bolt in the hole to position the carrier to the door. The holes will slowly fill with crap, so they need rodding out now and again.
cool. i might slightly adjust the bolts placement to the left and right vertical stone work / walls so hopefully this will reduce the build up of dust,dirt etc but still secure the door.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire

Presume you chain your bike to the floor using a ground anchor too ? So simple yet so effective

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
officially bought a few weeks back but arrived today. Cheap manual dropper, never used a dropper before so its more of a test purchase. I can always upgrade to better if and when needed.
Screenshot_20210622-121337.jpg

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
officially bought a few weeks back but arrived today. Cheap manual dropper, never used a dropper before so its more of a test purchase. I can always upgrade to better if and when needed. View attachment 64894

How do you operate the dropper when riding? Are you meant to pull on that yellow lever whilst rolling along ? I’m sure it’ll work but a bar / thumb operated lever will change your life for the better forever!

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
How do you operate the dropper when riding? Are you meant to pull on that yellow lever whilst rolling along ? I’m sure it’ll work but a bar / thumb operated lever will change your life for the better forever!
Haha i see your concern, i think i might just need to preempt when its needed more than using a thumb control would.
yes just pull the lever and increase/decrease weight to lower/raise ( like an office chair system ). its more of a beneficial test really so see how it goes !!

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Haha i see your concern, i think i might just need to preempt when its needed more than using a thumb control would.
yes just pull the lever and increase/decrease weight to lower/raise ( like an office chair system ). its more of a beneficial test really so see how it goes !!

Must admit, I ride with the seat slammed the majority of the time and only raise the saddle on a seated long long climb

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
My very first dropper had an under-the-seat lever. That "test" did not last beyond the first ride! I never dared let go of the bar to operate the dropper!
I must use my dropper scores, if not hundreds of times on a ride. You don't have to have it all the way up or all the way down, there's loads of positions in between! Perfect saddle height, all the time. :)

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Well I got the other garage door done today (and chucked out yet more crap). It is like daylight in there now, with only 2x80W fluorescent tubes. When working on my bike, I will now have no need for that spotlight on a tripod that you can see in the first pic. (post
#2276)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles