What did you buy your ebike this week?

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
20mm adapter for ZEB A2 and 40mm adapter for rear ('22 Alloy Rail).

20230327_110509~2.jpg

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
Man, those are some monster discs to put on a Rail. I upgraded just the rear on my ultra-heavy high power ebike and it made a monstrous difference. I think you'll love it. I also went to HH sintered pads.

A06

Mar 9, 2023
Corona, CA
Ugg had to buy another dropper post. I was planning to swap over the Rocky Mountain Toony post from my Powerplay to my acoustic Slayer but I managed to ruin it while removing.

I must say it was the oddest method of attaching a dropper cable I have encountered yet.

Oh well light at the end of the tunnel I instaed installed my 180 OneUp on the Slayer and ordered a 200 PNW gen 3 post for the Powerplay.

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
Hope you bought a case of beer to drink while you put it on🤣😂 I did mine once…..never again!

I've posted this before... Take the time they say it will take, and double it. Then consider doubling that, and also beer drinking time. Make sure you start early, outdoors with a lot of light. My shop lighting is bright, and yet not quite sufficient to really see problems before they get worse. What a pain in the ass.

I had a crash that did quite a bit of damage to the plastic, but not my carbon frame, so there's that part. I wrapped that part in black tape, looks be damned, carbon is expensive.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
I've posted this before... Take the time they say it will take, and double it. Then consider doubling that, and also beer drinking time. Make sure you start early, outdoors with a lot of light. My shop lighting is bright, and yet not quite sufficient to really see problems before they get worse. What a pain in the ass.

I had a crash that did quite a bit of damage to the plastic, but not my carbon frame, so there's that part. I wrapped that part in black tape, looks be damned, carbon is expensive.
I did my SB130 and gave up about halfway through it, it looks like shit but it will do what it’s intended to do. I’ve had 3 kits installed since then and I’ve paid for it every time, the money is well worth my sanity!

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
I did my SB130 and gave up about halfway through it, it looks like shit but it will do what it’s intended to do. I’ve had 3 kits installed since then and I’ve paid for it every time, the money is well worth my sanity!
I had my Rail professionally done, may have cost quite a bit but my free time and sanity cost a lot more :LOL:

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
My new Hope wheels just arrived, they’re so much better in the flesh than in any photo, I decided to buy some additional torque caps and the Hope decals, the new cassette I ordered elsewhere are yet to arrive, I might have to get some new Hope rotors to complete the ensemble 😉

3169520B-5C9A-455D-AC68-0C50E283B312.jpeg 1377A7BF-96E8-4E36-9CF1-05CC5DFB02C8.jpeg 3D7FF170-21C7-4B17-91F9-F4F040082BB5.jpeg

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Got really F'd off with my bike stand over the weekend, then one of my bikes fell onto it and broke the tool tray.
The one I have must be 10+ years old and has done a sterling job, its just the feet are always in the way. thought i'd try a two legged jobby.
1679998467030.png

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Got really F'd off with my bike stand over the weekend, then one of my bikes fell onto it and broke the tool tray.
The one I have must be 10+ years old and has done a sterling job, its just the feet are always in the way. thought i'd try a two legged jobby.
View attachment 110310
These bike work stands are awesome for the price, I have one but the only negative is the size of the jaws are just a little too bulky for the gap in between the shock and the frame on a Whyte so to overcome that I bought a false crossbar 😎

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
These bike work stands are awesome for the price, I have one but the only negative is the size of the jaws are just a little too bulky for the gap in between the shock and the frame on a Whyte so to overcome that I bought a false crossbar 😎
Interesting, i only clamp by the seat post.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Interesting, i only clamp by the seat post.
I used to too but I have a AXS Reverb which is apparently a precision piece of engineering and I don’t want to put all the weight of my bike on it especially when I need to hang my bike at an awkward angle and stress the post, the other reason is that my Mum bought me this dropper post and she’s no longer with us so I want to keep it going as long as I can 😉

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Go faster spoke nipples (check my page in the signature)
They look great but I don’t really want to go down that route of messing with the structural integrity of my new wheels, I haven’t got a clue of wheel relacing, plus I don’t own a spoke tensioning tool or the bit for the nipples, will it not invalidate the guarantee as well doing this job…………… I meant to add, I am going to get a truing stand and a spoke tensioning gauge in time, maybe then I’ll get the red nipples and change them but I think I’ll live with the supplied ones for a while 😉

Last edited:

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
View attachment 110310

I kinda hate to say this, but...that's the stand that my buddy had for years and finally got pissed off enough to get rid of it. And went to one just like my four-leg stand.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
View attachment 110310
I continue to be surprised how many different bike-stands all look to have been made in the same factory.
With the exception of the logo, tray and that dangly thing, your stand looks exactly like mine bought about ten years ago (and others I have seen).

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Each to his/her own at the end of day, I’ve personally found it strong and stable enough to hold my bike securely enough to tighten up pedals and crank bolts, can’t ask much more in my opinion 😉 totally agree Steve, ok mine is only 2 years old but it’s as good today as the the day I first started using it 👍

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I kinda hate to say this, but...that's the stand that my buddy had for years and finally got pissed off enough to get rid of it. And went to one just like my four-leg stand.
yeah I have one with the two legs like in the picture, and I'm always thinking about swapping it for one with 4 legs. It works ok for the most part , but I think more legs would be more stable.

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
yeah I have one with the two legs like in the picture, and I'm always thinking about swapping it for one with 4 legs. It works ok for the most part , but I think more legs would be more stable.

Also we found that particular model to be fiddly all around. The head is a bit of a pain to use. It's hard to change it from one bike to another, particularly with large top tubes.

I should note that aside from our own bikes, some days we will fix 4-6 bikes as we also run a bike refurbishing/donation program for the poor, so it gets a lot of use.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles