What accessories/spares do you have mounted to your bike and how?

Akelu

Jul 31, 2020
Australia
So I recently got a new full suspension touring/trail 130mm e-bike and I'm looking to buy any accessories/spares to attach to the bike as I'd prefer to ride without any bags on me.

I've been looking at stuff like one-up EDC stem accessories, swat, frame straps etc for mounting different accessories to your bike and was wondering what solutions you all are using to get by.

I'm thinking that I want the following attached to my bike somehow: multitoolkit, spare tube, tubeless repair kit, wheel levers, and either a minipump or CO2 cannister and valve.

So yeah would love to know what solutions you guys use/recommend .. thanks!

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Got a nukeproof frame strap that holds a multitool, co2 cannister, and valve. and taped to the inside of the battery cover are tubeless tyre plugs/anchovies and a chain quicklink. Also got a fidlock water bottle attached to the bottle rack bosses. Don't need a backpack apart from for the longest of rides.

On my other bike I use a granite designs steerer tube tool.

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
I have an EDC tool in my stem with plugs and a quicklink tool. I carry a bum bag for water (can't fit a bottle on my e160-900) so can keep most other stuff there. I have a quick link taped to my brake hose and cable ties inside the handle bars. I have had everything else (CO2, Tubilito, levers, micro pump) on the bike but since I have water on my waist it makes more sense. Because I have a bum bag I also add a spare hanger and tape.

Gordon

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
This is from experience so dont slate me, frame straps are crap, I guarantee you will lose something. 76Projects Piggy with waterproof bag is the way to go, multi tool, spare Tubolito, house keys and puncture kit all fit in. Will mount on bottle bosses or super secure strap(anywhere). Dont rely on Co2 as its a one go only solution, OneUp EDC pump is excellent, if a bit pricy, carries a Co2 cartridge and is well made, and the bracket is long enough to even use on the big square downtube of my Levo SL.

j_s

Feb 4, 2020
Nottingham
Also use 76 projects stuff. I've got little piggy with dry bag and the saddle bag which can go anywhere you can find space on the bike. I have a fidlock universal base bottle holder mounted on the top tube with a pump attached to the longer straps that come with it. Also have a fidlock base on the cage frame mounts. It all looks an eyesore but I do not like wearing a backpack. If really long ride the I'll take a hip pack (bum bag) for food. Phone and keys go in a mucoff wallet which sits in my swat pocket on my back which is part of my bib shorts.

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
Use a backpack with a water bladder for longer rides. I also have a multi-tool, micro-pump, repair-kit, extra chain-link, zip-ties and tape.

Andrie

May 20, 2020
NorCal
One up edc and 20g CO2 inside a one up pump.
76ACCCF6-7438-447F-AABC-13B23BE53508.jpeg

Inside the Nike bag tied onto the top tube are spare tube, wolf tooth plier with chain link, and spare spoke magnet.
Also I was able to rearrange my bottle cage using the wolf tooth bracket so I can carry 1L bottle.

ABC06FC1-D308-4B3A-BF19-EB9C346CC03E.jpeg

Inside the spacers for the battery, I put first aid stuff and zip ties.
F19BEA4F-8634-4A37-A913-84BB6A556709.jpeg

I like to bring spare derailleur hanger and survival knife for longer rides if I carry bum bag. Usually I don’t carry any bag at all.

Last edited:

benny.c

Apr 21, 2019
North West
If I’m not going too far from home then it’s just a Spesh Mountain Bandit with a small, SWAT multi tool in my pocket. So that covers tool, tube, lever, CO2 & head plus a few patches. For longer rides I take a Dakine Hot Laps Stealth bum bag with a pump, bigger multi tool etc. but it’s so small and slim it’s barely noticeable.

kilorand

Nov 9, 2020
New Forest
Topeak Mountain Morph pump hanging from the top tube, small top tube bag for set of proper torx/allen keys, chain tool, spare quick link, tubeless repair kit, tyre boot, emergency tenner, and spare tube just in case. Might shift the Morph to the bottle cage as I rarely take a drinks bottle for my winter rides (90 mins tops)

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Dakine hot laps gripper frame bag

It much better than a frame strap because it keeps everything protected and is far more versatile.

In mine I have:

2x large CO2 canisters and head
Crank Bros F15 Multitool
Spare chain links
Tubeless repair kit
Loads of zipties
Folding surgical scissors (for cutting zipties!)
Some plasters
Spare gear cable
Tyre levers and some other bits I can remember

On my bike here, all the small bits are in a waterproof pouch that I suff into the bag, the rest are in the decocted sections of the bag itself.

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 22.00.05.png

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
Dakine hot laps gripper frame bag

It much better than a frame strap because it keeps everything protected and is far more versatile.

In mine I have:

2x large CO2 canisters and head
Crank Bros F15 Multitool
Spare chain links
Tubeless repair kit
Loads of zipties
Folding surgical scissors (for cutting zipties!)
Some plasters
Spare gear cable
Tyre levers and some other bits I can remember

On my bike here, all the small bits are in a waterproof pouch that I suff into the bag, the rest are in the decocted sections of the bag itself.

View attachment 44090
Yes it looks good I'm thinking of getting one. The only reason I'm hesitating is that I have doubts that the velcro strap will wrap round the down tube of my Orbea as it's quite wide. Perhaps someone could advise me how long the strap is.

Al

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
This is from experience so dont slate me, frame straps are crap, I guarantee you will lose something. 76Projects Piggy with waterproof bag is the way to go, multi tool, spare Tubolito, house keys and puncture kit all fit in. Will mount on bottle bosses or super secure strap(anywhere). Dont rely on Co2 as its a one go only solution, OneUp EDC pump is excellent, if a bit pricy, carries a Co2 cartridge and is well made, and the bracket is long enough to even use on the big square downtube of my Levo SL.
Curious about the OneUp pump.Have you ever needed to re-seat tyre (tubeless) ?If so, is it up to the task?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Yes it looks good I'm thinking of getting one. The only reason I'm hesitating is that I have doubts that the velcro strap will wrap round the down tube of my Orbea as it's quite wide. Perhaps someone could advise me how long the strap is.

Al
It doesnt fit round the orbea downtube, the downtube is too big. I have tried it.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
It doesnt fit round the orbea downtube, the downtube is too big. I have tried it.
Thank you suspicions confirmed and money saved :) I'm currently storing stuff in a small water proof bag with a long velcro strap fixing it into the space just above the motor and between the two rails where the cable and hose are passed through. I'll stick with that as it's very unobtrusive.

Al

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Thank you suspicions confirmed and money saved :) I'm currently storing stuff in a small water proof bag with a long velcro strap fixing it into the space just above the motor and between the two rails where the cable and hose are passed through. I'll stick with that as it's very unobtrusive.

Al

I was using a nukeproof horizon strap to hold a couple of co2 cannisters and a multitool, with tubeless type plugs taped to the inside on the battery cover, but I didnt like the faff of unstrapping the strap to get the tool out etc, so the multitool now goes in my pocket , and the two co2 cannisters are screwed into a jetvalve co2 holder which is fixed to the bottle cage mounts underneath the fid lock bottle mount.

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
I use the EVOC race belt, it carries everything you need for 2 to 3 hour rides. Water bottle on the bike. The race belt is brilliant, you don’t even know you are wearing it.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
I use the EVOC race belt, it carries everything you need for 2 to 3 hour rides. Water bottle on the bike. The race belt is brilliant, you don’t even know you are wearing it.
I have a similar Bonrager one and would agree that you can forget you have it on. So much so that at times you also forget that you don't have it on :) I did the other week and wouldn't you know it was the first ride I had EVER been on where I needed my multi-tool. Talk about sods law. I do find however that every once in a while I catch it on the saddle when putting my feet down and getting back up so I would prefer to not carry anything on my person for short rides.

Al

Jubby

Aug 23, 2020
Langley, BC
My rail7 has just enough room to hold a trek bottle bag. Inside there's 3 tire levers, mini pump, spare tube, chain tool, zap straps, pt multi hex, and a quick release lever for the wheels.

16051989837886018039327500038063.jpg

16051990534826094525803831115560.jpg

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
I've got a 800 ml sks racer straps saddle bag Wich holds:
2 co2 cannisters with head
Multitool 920 from decathlon
Tubeless repair kit
Spare quicklink
And a presta to Dunlop adapter

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles