What 150mm travel Bosch with external battery?

Russell

Dec 16, 2018
Iow
What do people consider to be the best 150mm travel Bosch emtb with external battery? I would think it will have to be second hand but that's no problem. In fact I would prefer second hand mostly for price but also I've rebuilt my 2nd gen? CX ,small sprocket, a few times now.
Currently got a KTM macina kapoho but it's getting a bit tired, probably done 3000miles now. What else is out there?
I see there is a Cannondale montera but think that's 130mm travel.

ant0

Feb 25, 2021
Aviemore, Scotland
What do people consider to be the best 150mm travel Bosch emtb with external battery? I would think it will have to be second hand but that's no problem. In fact I would prefer second hand mostly for price but also I've rebuilt my 2nd gen? CX ,small sprocket, a few times now.
Currently got a KTM macina kapoho but it's getting a bit tired, probably done 3000miles now. What else is out there?
I can't help with your question but interested about your comment, "...a bit tired, probably done 3000 miles now...".

I did 2000miles last year alone in the first year of owning my cube stereo hybrid. Is it that fact you're done 3000miles that you think makes it tired?

Ive just done an annual service which was split between me and the LBS: I put a new drivetrain on incl new derailleur and a bit of a strip/clean/lube then the LBS did fork/dropper/shock service plus replaced nearly every bearing on the bike... wheels/freehub/all pivots/headset and a brake bleed. All in cost over £1000 but bike feels like new again.

MH80

Feb 20, 2021
Norway

Cannondale Moterra has 160mm of travel, the Habit Neo has 130.

Russell

Dec 16, 2018
Iow
I can't help with your question but interested about your comment, "...a bit tired, probably done 3000 miles now...".
I did
It just feels a bit loose compared to a new bike, also I would like a bigger bike if possible.
I've rebuilt my motor 3 times now and the frame bearings once. It's also on its second front wheel and third rear wheel. I've been looking at second hand emtb's and it's surprising how many have less than 500 miles.

ant0

Feb 25, 2021
Aviemore, Scotland
Ah, yeah mine was feeling lumpy, loose and sloppy by the time I did the extensive service and replacements so know how that feels. Feeling brand new now though and bosch motor has been sweet since day one with no issues (touches wood).

I've also seen loads of second hand emtbs up for sale with ludicrously low mileage for a year or so old... 170 miles, 300 miles, etc. I don't know what these people are doing or why they bought an ebike 🤷‍♂️ Maybe that's why they're selling them, because they certainly aren't getting used with that super low mileage.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles