What’s the longest dropper I can fit to a medium Santa Cruz Bullet

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Whatever the max length is that you find, I recommend that you consider not fitting anything more than 40mm longer than what you already have.

The saddle height you have suits your leg length and personal preference. That results in 40mm of seat post showing. If you go 50mm longer, then with the dropper fully inserted, the saddle will be 10mm higher than your preference. That may not seem much, but for me it was a great irritation. In the beginning I used the dropper function to drop the saddle by 10mm. That worked well until I dropped the saddle by a lot more and then failed to return it to where I wanted it. Several see-saw moves were required before I was comfy. That was distracting when I was trying to focus on the trail.

Fortunately for me, the dropper failed under warranty and I was able to get it replaced with one 25mm shorter. Then I was happy.

I believe that one brand of dropper (no idea) has a stepped shim inside it that can shorten the travel in 25mm steps. That may be the way to go.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles