Wash stand

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
Anyone found a decent cheap wash stand for an ebike? I don’t want anything complicated, have a bad back so just want something that raises the rear wheel slightly, for cleaning.

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
Has anyone used this one.......

Wondered if it would take the weight ok?

Sharpy52

Aug 22, 2018
Surrey
I was going for the one above from wiggle, just looked a bit flimsy to me for the weight of an ebike. I ordered one of these, similar design but very sturdy
31fCyn96cAL.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gioma-Bikestand-stand-GC-215-00/dp/B06Y1YX87S/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Gioma+Bikestand&qid=1609931403&s=sports&search-type=ss&sr=1-1

Kentish

Nov 5, 2019
Kent
Has anyone used this one.......

Wondered if it would take the weight ok?

Someone on here posted a pic of that exact stand in the last week or two. Haven’t a clue where, sorry. I think he uses it for lubing the chain maybe?

I meant to get one myself. Now you’ve reminded me. ?

Sharpy52

Aug 22, 2018
Surrey
Can vouch for that one too for bike washing, also very stable when working on drivetrain, brakes etc.
Yep, very stable. I keep mine in the van for washing after a ride etc. At home I use a normal bike work stand like others have suggested to get both wheels off the ground and the bike higher. Much easier on the back than bending down?

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
I was going for the one above from wiggle, just looked a bit flimsy to me for the weight of an ebike. I ordered one of these, similar design but very sturdy
31fCyn96cAL.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gioma-Bikestand-stand-GC-215-00/dp/B06Y1YX87S/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Gioma+Bikestand&qid=1609931403&s=sports&search-type=ss&sr=1-1

As Amazon don’t have stock, this won’t come for a couple of weeks, so I ordered the el cheapo one off Wiggle to use in the meantime. Will report my findings accordingly!

N9VNS

Jun 26, 2020
South Wales
I use this and its great. It was on offer before Christmas for £59 but seems to have gone back up now.

daju

Apr 21, 2019
manchester by the sea, ma
This is a great stand (but not cheap).
But it's a little awkward to get a heavy E bike (not shown in photo 'cause it's in LBS) loaded--interested how others do it
And you need a hollow crank spindle
IMG_1418.JPG
IMG_1417.JPG

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
This is a great stand (but not cheap).
But it's a little awkward to get a heavy E bike (not shown in photo 'cause it's in LBS) loaded--interested how others do it
And you need a hollow crank spindle
View attachment 49557

I've noticed there are cheap versions of that sort of thing, specifically for Hollowtech cranks. It led me to wonder if it were possible to modify one to cut off the thick "peg" and add in a thin one suitable for a Levo / Praxxis BB.
Thin = bendy to me, and it'd have to be sub 8mm dia rod. Maybe a thick walled tube.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I use this less than a tenner from Halfords says it supports 30kg does the job and even folds up when not in use.
View attachment 58788 View attachment 58789
thanks for that mate!! I have been looking for something simple to clean the bike out in the garden before taking it into the house to store or in the garage for maintenance on a proper stand. I can screw this to a post in the garden and best of all you have shown that the Whyte can be hung from it. Just ordered one from Halfords.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles