Levo Gen 3 Warranty when shop goes bankruptcy?

nv70

Aug 31, 2023
swe
Other specialized seller talks now about have too pay for warranty work done? If lucky specialized send free parts to warranty.
Does this sound right?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
It should be free, but I could name several Spesh dealers that charge for warranty work if you didn’t buy the bike from them.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK

It is a global warranty. You need to read the version on the Swedish website and go from there.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
might have something to do with whether the bike shop is a registered Specialized dealer or not.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I was told “if a bike shop wants to sell specialized bikes they HAVE to carry out warranty work labour free whether the bike was bought from them or not” !

Crawford919

Aug 7, 2019
USA
I was told “if a bike shop wants to sell specialized bikes they HAVE to carry out warranty work labour free whether the bike was bought from them or not” !
I just had experience with this. Had a Levo at a local Specialized store and they charged me labor and a warranty filling charge to diagnose and repair my faulty battery. I contacted Specialized and they said that no dealer can charge labor or parts for a warranty repair. Specialized sent and email to this dealer and they refunded me. This was in the USA.

Crawford919

Aug 7, 2019
USA
Okay. I will ask our service department to explore whether a new battery is an option. If you have a payment record like a receipt of the $120 warranty charge please provide that to us. Warranty claims filed through Specialized are done so at no charge to the rider. Specialized will never charge riders directly for support specifically covered under warranty. We'd like to confirm the nature of the charge to guarantee there's been no miscommunication on the circumstance of the payment. Send that our way when possible.

-This is the text I received from Rider Care. I sent them a copy of my receipt and they sent a email to the dealer and I was refunded.

Reactions: Ark

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles