Levo SL Gen 1 Levo SL goes to power save mode early

jnis

Aug 26, 2020
Truckee, CA
My Levo SL goes to eco mode only when I have a total of 49% battery remaining according to the mission control app. I have the range extender battery connected and the app set to use the batteries simultaneously. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a way to over ride the power save mode since I know I'm close to home?

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
Hmmm, haven’t heard of that. Mine goes into limp home mode at 10% battery, but like you I’d like to be able to override it in some situations.

Recommend taking your bike to your local LBS (Pacos?) for a software reboot and/or update. You could try deleting and reloading the Mission Control app first to see it that resolves it.

KeithR

Jul 1, 2020
Blyth, Northumberland
My Levo SL goes to eco mode only when I have a total of 49% battery remaining according to the mission control app. I have the range extender battery connected and the app set to use the batteries simultaneously. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a way to over ride the power save mode since I know I'm close to home?
Are the batteries healthy according to Mission Control?

aklemm

Jul 23, 2020
Atascadero, CA
49% seems way too premature.

I was purposely trying to drain my batteries on my ride this evening. My motor went into power saving mode when I hit 14% (44Wh) on my main battery and 24% (38Wh) in my RE... Roughly 17% of my total Wh left in the tank.

How much % did you have left in each battery separately?

I searched around the Mission Control app (US app) and couldn't find where the power saving mode could be modified.

Jcolborn48

Apr 13, 2020
California
I just had nearly the same thing happen. Mine went into limp mode at around 40% battery while also using my range extender. I have my set up to drain the extender first, sounds like that’s not the issue. I admittedly am an electrical idiot....could the extender “draw power back” from the main battery? Because I’ve gone below 40% on days without the extender and don’t lose power. ?‍♂️

Jilleride45

Nov 2, 2018
USA
I just had nearly the same thing happen. Mine went into limp mode at around 40% battery while also using my range extender. I have my set up to drain the extender first, sounds like that’s not the issue. I admittedly am an electrical idiot....could the extender “draw power back” from the main battery? Because I’ve gone below 40% on days without the extender and don’t lose power. ?‍♂️

The extender goes limp home at 20% but I could imagine if you are attempting to draw a large amount of power suddenly from just the extender it may balk at that. The only reason to ever drain the extender first is if you are going to drop it off and pick up a new one.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles