Warranty Australia

bazxa

Jan 18, 2022
Heathcote NSW Australia
Gen 4 motor, less than 2 year old has stopped driving. Back to the bike shop. Still under warranty
They advise I will be charged for the work as they are not reimbursed, sure they need to be compensated.
I think it's very poor of bosch not to back their product with a parts and labour warranty.
My car, washing machine, fridge etc are covered for both.
Poor support for an $8000 bike.

Tony4wd

Subscriber
Aug 3, 2022
Australia
As I understand consumer law in Australia, you are entitled to a new motor free of charge or a full refund on the bike. That said I'd probably work with the shop to arrive at a mutually agreeable outcome, especially if they aren't a large chain store.
How many km's on the motor?

Tony4wd

Subscriber
Aug 3, 2022
Australia

When a manufacturer must repay a business​

Some problems with products may be the fault of the manufacturer, rather than the fault of the business who sold the product to consumers. For example, if the problem with the product is:

• caused by a manufacturing defect
  • that the product doesn’t meet the extra promises the manufacturer made about its quality, condition, performance or characteristics.
If a business provides a repair, replacement, refund, or other compensation to a consumer for these problems, the manufacturer must reimburse the business for these costs. This includes the costs of parts and labour that may be involved in providing a solution to a consumer.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles