Warning: Do not buy your bike from JensonUSA

ebsocalmtb

Sep 29, 2021
Southern-Cal
Do the bikes ship to the US with the battery installed? Here they ship separately and the importer installs it.

Yes, they ship with the battery installed.

If Jensen can sell online why can’t all other LBS?

As far as I understand, just about any Orbea dealer in the states can. There may be some dealers with less power that either haven't asked this question yet, or have enough local volume they don't want to deal with it.

It is also hilarious that Jenson ship in their own box. Orbea have a perfectly good box that they could put a sticker on.

Read my post in this thread. indeed that would make sense, but because of Orbeas's dealer agreements, they cannot.

Richridesmtb

Jan 23, 2022
Australia
Yes, they ship with the battery installed.

As far as I understand, just about any Orbea dealer in the states can. There may be some dealers with less power that either haven't asked this question yet, or have enough local volume they don't want to deal with it.

Read my post in this thread. indeed that would make sense, but because of Orbeas's dealer agreements, they cannot.
Hey ebsocal,

I did read about the dealer assembly bit. The point I was making is that they must throw away the orbea box. Surely they can get away with assembly, make sure everything fits fine and then disassemble to go back to the original box and chuck a sticker on there. I know that is entirely pointless, but it would possibly satisfy the agreement that they assembled it to spec to check all was ok. It would be less waste.

Richridesmtb

Jan 23, 2022
Australia
At least that would allow them to have the dropper and possibly seat installed, cables cut to a good length. Then it would mostly be a bars and wheels back on situation for the customer on delivery.

ebsocalmtb

Sep 29, 2021
Southern-Cal
Ah, I see your point. They would be able to install the dropper post and the housing, but would have to remove the remote from the handlebar, and as a result, the customer would have to re-install the junction box wiring onto the housing. Not a huge deal overall, and you are right that it does seem weird not to re-use the orbea packaging.

My guess is that this happens with some of the bikes that they have, and others they are building up, putting on the the showroom floor at their brick/mortar locations, and then have to package them up in their own boxes for shipping. The only reason I know this is that Jenson is my #2 spot if my LBS (the path bike shop) is out of boxes and I need to ship a bike I've sold. They always have tons stacked up out back on a pallet that you can grab from them.

Stuckthrottle

Jan 24, 2021
San Diego
I ordered my H30 through the Orbea website and had it shipped to a LBS (not really "my" LBS because of previous issues with my local shop) but anyway, It was air freight through DHL and it arrived rather quickly. LBS did a great job at putting her together in a day or two. They then let me take the Orbea box with me.

At any rate, according to this post ( Orbea Rise Owners - Please Read - EMTB Forums ) Jenson uses a third party business to assemble and ship some of their bikes. kitzuma

Feb 21, 2022
Los Angeles
You can not make this up. JensonUSA now 4 months later sent me another customer's spare parts from Spain. Instead of sending me the battery port replacement that they broke, they sent me a Orbea stem light/computer mount for Orbea's road stem. I notified them that they sent me the wrong part and likely sent the other customer the wrong part, but no reply now weeks later.

Separately instead of crediting me $60 for the local labor to fix the broken wheel speed sensor, they accidentally charged me $60....

Is the only next step submitting a complaint form to the California Department of Consumer Affairs?

Bsqr

May 23, 2020
Bend, OR
I've had similar issues with Jenson as well. I kind of got the run around from Orbea regarding replacement of the temp cranks supplied due to issues with the e-Thirteen carbon cranks originally specified. Orbea made a special note emphasizing that I need to register the bike so they can contact me when cranks become available. After several months I contacted Orbea for an update and they say, Oh, you need to file a warranty claim through your dealer. So at Jenson's request I filled out the proper forms followed by submitting some additional photos that Jenson requested. A few days later I followed that up with a request that the charging port cover also be addressed at the same time. Since then silence. About nine weeks goes by and I request a status update... Silence again. So I send an email to the customers service rep I dealt with asking for help. Four more days go by... Silence Again.

I've bought a lot stuff over the years through Jenson and have had no issues at all prior to this. In my book, this is pretty inexcusable. I don't like waiting for things, but I do understand it's unavoidable at times. What I expect is timely communication and honest feedback. I might not like what I'm hearing, but at least I know what to expect then. It appears they have little respect for their customers when they can't even make the slightest effort in this regard.

I'm not sure what it is that's going on with Jenson right now, but compared to past performance, they are definitely struggling right now. Until things get straightened out, I would definitely hesitate when it comes to buying something major like a complete bike.

Feb 21, 2022
Los Angeles
I've had similar issues with Jenson as well. I kind of got the run around from Orbea regarding replacement of the temp cranks supplied due to issues with the e-Thirteen carbon cranks originally specified. Orbea made a special note emphasizing that I need to register the bike so they can contact me when cranks become available. After several months I contacted Orbea for an update and they say, Oh, you need to file a warranty claim through your dealer. So at Jenson's request I filled out the proper forms followed by submitting some additional photos that Jenson requested. A few days later I followed that up with a request that the charging port cover also be addressed at the same time. Since then silence. About nine weeks goes by and I request a status update... Silence again. So I send an email to the customers service rep I dealt with asking for help. Four more days go by... Silence Again.

I've bought a lot stuff over the years through Jenson and have had no issues at all prior to this. In my book, this is pretty inexcusable. I don't like waiting for things, but I do understand it's unavoidable at times. What I expect is timely communication and honest feedback. I might not like what I'm hearing, but at least I know what to expect then. It appears they have little respect for their customers when they can't even make the slightest effort in this regard.

I'm not sure what it is that's going on with Jenson right now, but compared to past performance, they are definitely struggling right now. Until things get straightened out, I would definitely hesitate when it comes to buying something major like a complete bike.

What is remarkable here is even if Orbea is not helping Jenson out here - Jenson should say something/anything to that effect. Instead they simply ignore you. I will never buy anything from Orbea or Jenson again. I spoke to 3 local Orbea dealers and they all confirmed that Orbea has been the worst brand to work with in all their years in the industry.

b45her

Dec 1, 2019
wales
Well the reason I ask is cause if the Motor, battery and sensor are already installed on the frame and the shop only needs to connect the wiring to the screen as well as the usual LBS stuff, then this whole thread's complain goes beyond Jenson. Maybe at Orbea's factories and whoever does the initial assembly so LBS only needs to do SOME assembly.
Jenson replaced the brakes with sram codes according to the OP the rear pipe shares a port in the chainstay and the mainframe with the speed sensor wire, chances are the "mechanic" that fitted the brakes did a very ham fisted job of pulling the pipe through resulting in the kinked wires.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles