Urgent help shipping Kenevo in UK

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
I just spoke to paisley freight over the phone about the insurance cover on the Kenevo I just sold and the guy stated it’s not insured for damage or LOSS !!!

how can that be ? What’s stopping them from stealing it ?
ive even struggled to get the weight below 30kg too . But now managed this just about 29kg as they won’t take it if it’s even 100g over .

Postage is within the UK and it’s to be shipped from Dumfries to Hertfordshire.
really struggling and now panicking .

They do state they take the e-bike but no insurance at all even if I pay for it . Unless the guy I spoke to was clueless .

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Find another carrier!

I have always used either Royal or Mail or ParcelForce. As it is a bike and close to 30kg, Parcel Force would be better.
try this: Great British Parcel Delivery | Parcelforce Worldwide

You can add more insurance cover that they provide as standard as part of the process.

Yes, I know that others are cheaper, but ParcelForce have a very good rep.
Max cover is £2500 with parcel force .
The guy paid me £3400 and he wants it insured for that .

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
The guy who's buying it wants it insured? Why? It's your responsibility until he receives it safely...

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Actually, I'm starting to feel nervous on your behalf here. What's to stop him having a mate sign for it and then say he never got the bike? What if the courier just leaves the package by the back door and then the buyer says he never got it? There's you with no insurance, or insufficient cover.

When selling my two analogue bikes, three different buyers tried to scam me, one of which was so convincing that I almost fell for it. But he didn't want the bike he wanted other info.

Eventually, I sold one bike to a guy that drove up from London to north of Grantham (over 120m) to collect the bike. It gave him the chance to see and ride the bike.

The buyer of second bike met me half way at a trail centre and rode the bike. I got cash, no delivery problems (me happy), they got a chance to see and ride the bike (them happy). We both drove for 90 mins, but we both got to ride a decent trail as well as buy/sell a bike.

I realise that lockdown makes collection tricky, but if you do opt for delivery, protect yourself.

As a suggestion, work out the cost of you making the delivery, then offer that off the price to him to organise a collection "as you don't want to project your fears onto him". If he can do it cheaper he will make a bit of money, but the key thing is that you get your cash up front.

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Actually, I'm starting to feel nervous on your behalf here. What's to stop him having a mate sign for it and then say he never got the bike? What if the courier just leaves the package by the back door and then the buyer says he never got it? There's you with no insurance, or insufficient cover.

When selling my two analogue bikes, three different buyers tried to scam me, one of which was so convincing that I almost fell for it. But he didn't want the bike he wanted other info.

Eventually, I sold one bike to a guy that drove up from London to north of Grantham (over 120m) to collect the bike. It gave him the chance to see and ride the bike.

The buyer of second bike met me half way at a trail centre and rode the bike. I got cash, no delivery problems (me happy), they got a chance to see and ride the bike (them happy). We both drove for 90 mins, but we both got to ride a decent trail as well as buy/sell a bike.

I realise that lockdown makes collection tricky, but if you do opt for delivery, protect yourself.

As a suggestion, work out the cost of you making the delivery, then offer that off the price to him to organise a collection "as you don't want to project your fears onto him". If he can do it cheaper he will make a bit of money, but the key thing is that you get your cash up front.
I’ve sorted it all now . I used anyvan .
A courier on there is local to me and been doing it for 4 years and really nice bloke and his reviews on second to none with the anyvan elite drivers badge and £10k liability insurance . £113 it cost which the buyer paid £100 but this i don’t mind the rest as it just gets it down to him . He will also get it tomorrow .

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

At least a Sordy bike which has been stolen is always easy to find .

"Yes, that one there, of course it's mine the left handlebar is worn 2 inches shorter than the right hand side !"

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
The guy who's buying it wants it insured? Why? It's your responsibility until he receives it safely...

My reponsibility ? it stated collection only on my ebay auction (in place before lockdown). States i can assist in finding courier . he paid me (seperate) to do him a favour on getting it to him , it cost me more than what he paid . its his respsonsibility to collect . due to the lockdown thats hard to get where i am and with him beig very busy .. I did him a HUGE favour !! Collection only means collection .

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I’ve sorted it all now . I used anyvan .
A courier on there is local to me and been doing it for 4 years and really nice bloke and his reviews on second to none with the anyvan elite drivers badge and £10k liability insurance . £113 it cost which the buyer paid £100 but this i don’t mind the rest as it just gets it down to him . He will also get it tomorrow .
A little local knowledge is a valuable thing. Plus you know the guy which is worth a lot. :)

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
At least a Sordy bike which has been stolen is always easy to find .

"Yes, that one there, of course it's mine the left handlebar is worn 2 inches shorter than the right hand side !"
Actually its the right bar and its only worn down at an angle and is no shorter, thanks to the Ergon GP1 grips (that was a write off!).

As you well know @Zimmerframe the main way to know it's my bike is the pink and silver tassels sticking out of the bar ends! That's me on the right. Happy days. :)
But that was before we had to worry about how close we were to the next guy. :cry:
Team Pic.jpg

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Actually its the right bar and its only worn down at an angle and is no shorter, thanks to the Ergon GP1 grips (that was a write off!).

As you well know @Zimmerframe the main way to know it's my bike is the pink and silver tassels sticking out of the bar ends! That's me on the right. Happy days. :)
But that was before we had to worry about how close we were to the next guy. :cry:
View attachment 28448
Yes, but you took the matching tutu off for the photo....

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles