Levo Gen 2 Upper Shock spacing Bushing Question

NoPro

Aug 2, 2019
Austria
Hello everyone,

on my last ride I noticed a knocking/clicking sound. Yesterday looked into it and found that the upper shock mount has side play in it. I put in a new shifting cable a while ago and had to remove the shock. It looks like I did not pay attention on how to reinstall it my guess is I put the spacers in the wrong way but I can not find any info on how they should be, smaller diameter to the outside or inside or if it makes any difference or another problem? I did not have the time to take it appart. Torque is correct (10nm).

Any help would be appreciated.

rockshox-rear-shock-bushing-set-metric-20x6mm-1.jpg

NoPro

Aug 2, 2019
Austria
so I took it apart and noticed something, my washers dont have the lip shown on the product picture in post #1 so it does not matter which way I put them in, either they never had it or they got ground down over time (bikes has 6.5k on) you can also see some wear on the barrel, anyway I am missing a bit over 1mm when you add it all up 3+3+12.82=18.82 o_O

IMG_20210430_175959.jpg

IMG_20210430_180020.jpg

IMG_20210430_180043.jpg

IMG_20210430_180141.jpg

IMG_20210430_180126.jpg

I have added an oring for now and see if that helps.
I still would like to know if the original washers had the lip shown in post #1 or not

thx

bushkila

Mar 10, 2020
Europe
Well i guess there is something missing,.....those two white plastic/rubber whatever they call those pieces...
The whole Set is called "5-piece flanged bushing eyelet hardware " ......

fox bushing.jpg

Or ist it RockShox eyelet hardware ?

NoPro

Aug 2, 2019
Austria
Ah i saw your vid....you need a new damper DU Bushing, yours is worn out...
I thought that if that was worn you would get an up and down movement and not sideways will get it replaced anyway thank you.

nothing wrong with the measurements. The shock eye is moving on the bushing.
My RS top eyelet. It does not move on the bushing

thanks for the picture so that barrel that goes into the DU Bushing should be pressfited aswell? I mean it only moves sideways because there is this 1mm free space. I will replace that aswell.

My oring ghettofix seemed to work and the knocking noise is gone as there is no sideplay anymore.
But to my suprise the clicking is still there it is driving me crazy I am on the hunt for it for more than a mounth now opend every bolt and retorqued and regreased everything. You can ride the bike for 70km nothing, go on a ride the next day without touching the bike (not even charging the battery) it is back. :mad:

NoPro

Aug 2, 2019
Austria
To finish this thread of, I changed the bushing and the eyelet hardware and also while the shock was out I removed the dropper for the first time in 7k km and gave that a clean and regrease and (I hope I dont jinx it) the clicking sound is gone (tested about 120 km)

thx everyone for there input

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles