Levo Gen 2 Upgrading my 2020 Specialized Turbo Levo Comp

Ebiker2020

Aug 11, 2020
Anaheim
Hi everyone,

I am new to the site and own a black 2020 Specialized Turbo Levo Comp.

I would like to upgrade 2 things on the bike. I am upgrading the both front and back tires to Eddy Current 29x2.6. I would like to know what do you think about this. Grip and stability is very important for me since the area I go for biking in SoCal is rocky, loose gravel, and not rooty areas!

Also am upgrading the brakes to Shimano Saint as I am on the heavy side of riders (about 210 lbs). The stock SRAM rotor has 200 mm rotors and Shimano goes with 203 mm. Can I keep the SRAM rotors or do I need an adapter? The SRAM rotors are not center lock and have 6 screws...

Thanks for your input.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
I would recommend you to rather put Magic Marry up front. I have MM front and EC rear, very happy with MM, little less with EC as it is not so good when little bit wet/mud. But it is good for durability and very good grip in dry conditions ...
You can keep SRAM 200mm rotor.

Muzza

Jul 3, 2020
New Zealand
I too have a 2020 Comp & getting a bit over the lack of grip in our current wet conditions with the stock tires & agree with salko. Magic Mary on the front & Eddie Current on the back. Mine are on the way.

Andy__C

Apr 11, 2020
South Wales
I'm not hugely in tune to bike changes but adding a magic mary to the front of my Levo made a noticeable difference to grip on my levo, especially lower speed steeptech trails.

I added a hans dampf on the rear at the same time but remain to be sold on that tyre for this bike (was great on my old stumpjumper)

Ebiker2020

Aug 11, 2020
Anaheim
Thanks everyone for your inputs.

I am also considering upgrading the fork and the shock later on to 160 mm as that is the max we can opt for without altering the bike's performance.

What would you recommend for which performance wise, is comparable to Fox 36 Factory and Fox Factory DPX2 but price wise, makes more sense for the upgrade?

palkox

Oct 4, 2020
Norway
this is the best upgrade I have ever done: DBcoil IL
210x55 gives you close to 160mm rear travel. Came tuned with spring and ready to fit. took me 10 min. Totally transformed the bike - so much better small bump performance, better down hill and much more plush and better grip rear. Planted to the ground now. And up front I did debon air upgrade 160mm 2021 model for Lyrik. Easy like lower leg service. Removed both tokens and much better performance. No need to go fox. Lyrik is good if you tune it. You could upgrade to charger 2.1 but expencive. Another option is coil conversion. I would consider smashpot. Cheers

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
re tyres, everyone has their favourites but one thing to consider is mud clearance when the weather turns wet and 2.6 gives precious little. I Use Michelin Wild ( not the E Wild) at 2.4.....front and rear specific tyres. The front tyre design is in my opinion hugely confidence giving in corners due to its very big side knobs. The rear tyre is also good provided it is not dry and dusty and has good rollover. Both can be run at fairly low pressures without risk of squirm.

Punawarrior

Oct 16, 2020
Tahiti
this is the best upgrade I have ever done: DBcoil IL
210x55 gives you close to 160mm rear travel. Came tuned with spring and ready to fit. took me 10 min. Totally transformed the bike - so much better small bump performance, better down hill and much more plush and better grip rear. Planted to the ground now. And up front I did debon air upgrade 160mm 2021 model for Lyrik. Easy like lower leg service. Removed both tokens and much better performance. No need to go fox. Lyrik is good if you tune it. You could upgrade to charger 2.1 but expencive. Another option is coil conversion. I would consider smashpot. Cheers
Hi, what is the part number of the DBcoil IL 210 x 55 ? I will go for that shock too!

palkox

Oct 4, 2020
Norway
Hi, what is the part number of the DBcoil IL 210 x 55 ? I will go for that shock too!
I would recommend either order from your local shop or Tftuned. Tftuned helped me with correct spring according to weight, rider style and bike. They did not recommend progressive spring as the turbo Levo is already progressive. I have the regular Valt 650lbs spring. The tuned the shock accordingly and it came ready to install :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles