Upgrade wheels

Rukahs

Apr 27, 2021
NW
Hi all, tried searching and couldn't find a thread on this so thought i'd ask.

My new bikes wheels are dreadful, my last bike was a Vitus e-escarpe VRX which had top spec everything so the wheels are the first on my list to upgrade on this bike. They feel like they'd break in half going down a curb. The vitus had dtswiss which retail about 600 each or something silly like that.

Anyone done it, I will probably use my current hubs/spokes so just need the rims for now.

Last edited:

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
What sort of budget you looking at? #
Easiest upgrade would be carbon rims to existing hubs and spokes.
Best upgrade would be a really nice set of wheels with decent hubs (NOBL on I9 Hydra's)

Rukahs

Apr 27, 2021
NW
What sort of budget you looking at? #
Easiest upgrade would be carbon rims to existing hubs and spokes.
Best upgrade would be a really nice set of wheels with decent hubs (NOBL on I9 Hydra's)

Budget, not sure really, I am not looking to upgrade to the best available - carbon would be great but the general requirement is strength. Wheels are new to me, upgraded every other parts on bikes but yet to delve into wheels.

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
What brand are the existing rims? Generally it’s the hubs & spokes that are crap on factory wheels I rebuilt my M20 wheels on my Rise with decent spokes & hubs. The rims were AR30 not the worst rims & I have a carbon set of wheels for summer use

Rukahs

Apr 27, 2021
NW
They are EX30 rims, to be honest probably not the worst wheel but since having the DT Swiss on my previous bike these don't fill me with confidence.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Carbon wheels can make the bike feel faster and stiffer (if that's what you like) as a wheel builder, i feel Carbon are stronger (I've been using them for over 8 years, various makes) Wheels can make or break how a bike feels just as much as the suspension, I got some DT1900's on my old Intense Carbine when i bought it, it made it feel like a wet sponge, new wheels on and it came alive!

Rukahs

Apr 27, 2021
NW
Yeah had carbon on my Levo and they felt amazing. Will have to do some research :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles