Upgrade saddle for 2020 Turbo Levo Comp

Apr 10, 2020
Essex, England
Hi all
I am finding my factory saddle uncomfortable. For me, tall, long legs and 14 stone, i get fatigue at the top of my inner thigh. I would welcome any feedback from any of you who have replaced and with what. Thank you in advance. steve

Tim G

Apr 26, 2020
Oxford
Hi all
I am finding my factory saddle uncomfortable. For me, tall, long legs and 14 stone, i get fatigue at the top of my inner thigh. I would welcome any feedback from any of you who have replaced and with what. Thank you in advance. steve

Hi,

Given you are tall combined with the area of fatigue, might you be riding with the saddle a bit too high, making your hips rock 'side to side' as you slightly, imperceptibly, reach for the bottom of the pedal stroke? If so, this action would squeeze your upper inner thighs against the saddle and possibly cause your complaint.

Apr 10, 2020
Essex, England
Hi,

Given you are tall combined with the area of fatigue, might you be riding with the saddle a bit too high, making your hips rock 'side to side' as you slightly, imperceptibly, reach for the bottom of the pedal stroke? If so, this action would squeeze your upper inner thighs against the saddle and possibly cause your complaint.
Thank you Tim. I have lowered the height to no avail. I think the saddle is the issue. I have a road Roubaix with a comfortable factory saddle. I will persevere but keep my eyes open for an alternative. Steve.

jsharpe

May 15, 2019
USA
Hi all

I had always had various expensive weight-weenie race saddles on my clockwork XC bikes. But now for my first eMTB, I find I'm spending much longer continuous periods seated and needed something different. After reading a bunch of references on this forum and then a ton of reviews elsewhere I opted for a [carefully sized] SQlab 6OX MTB Active S-Tube Saddle.

The snow is still slowly leaving the high country, so I haven't yet had a chance to do any epic all-day rides but for shorter stints of 2-3 hours I've been extremely happy. For my shape, riding style, and trails, I definitely made a great choice and would buy the same one again.

RCDallas

May 28, 2019
Italy
I have been trying several saddles from my other bikes because the Spec Phenom Comp was giving me troubles. During this I found the Spec saddle has a bit of flex in the center which I countered by raising the front a couple of degrees, compared to my normal seat angle that I have been using on my other bikes...it is now much more comfortable. Did 38km and 45km rides with zero discomfort. Might stick with it vs trying a SQLabs Ergowave Active as I was planning.

Apr 10, 2020
Essex, England
I had always had various expensive weight-weenie race saddles on my clockwork XC bikes. But now for my first eMTB, I find I'm spending much longer continuous periods seated and needed something different. After reading a bunch of references on this forum and then a ton of reviews elsewhere I opted for a [carefully sized] SQlab 6OX MTB Active S-Tube Saddle.

The snow is still slowly leaving the high country, so I haven't yet had a chance to do any epic all-day rides but for shorter stints of 2-3 hours I've been extremely happy. For my shape, riding style, and trails, I definitely made a great choice and would buy the same one again.
Thank you I will take a look.

RCDallas

May 28, 2019
Italy
Well I went ahead and purchased the SQLabs 611 Active to help with the lower back and hip pain on long rides, as it advertised and WOW, the difference is night and day. I've done a couple of rides to test, a 38km gravel/trail ride and 52km with it mounted on my road bike which gave me the most problems, and it is hands down the most comfortable saddle I've used to date. It needs a bit more tweaking to find the sweet spot but the 7° pelvic flex of the Active model really makes a difference. I'm using the lightest insert and don't think I'll change from that as it works so well.

IMG_20200520_161153.jpg

IMG_20200520_161139.jpg

IMG_20200520_160341.jpg

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Well I went ahead and purchased the SQLabs 611 Active to help with the lower back and hip pain on long rides, as it advertised and WOW, the difference is night and day. I've done a couple of rides to test, a 38km gravel/trail ride and 52km with it mounted on my road bike which gave me the most problems, and it is hands down the most comfortable saddle I've used to date. It needs a bit more tweaking to find the sweet spot but the 7° pelvic flex of the Active model really makes a difference. I'm using the lightest insert and don't think I'll change from that as it works so well.
I can also reccomend this one. Very comfortable and durable.

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
SQlab 60X here. Love this saddle, very comfortable. Great warranty too - had a small issue with it and sent a message to the supplier Sunday night, before even returning for assessment, no hassle, yesterday a warranty replacement arrived to my door.

Grab a piece of cardboard and measure your sit bones for a correct saddle fit. There is a how to on the SQlab website.

Before this i had the Ergon SM-E mountain saddle. Wasn't a fan, in comparison the SQlab is so much better. SQlab gear may be a little more expensive but lives up to the hype IMHO.

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
I find myself tempted by the SQlab saddles, but at 3x the cost of my ergon sm-e, i'm a little apprehensive.
The ergon is fine most of the time, but I do still get some discomfort from my sit bones on longer rides. I thought it would be something I might get used to after not riding bikes for a few years, but it still happens, just not as bad as in the beginning when they did feel sore for a few days after

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
I changed to one of the repro Flite ti saddles, as it was always comfy back in the day. To my eyes it still looks like an old style saddle on a brand new bike but it works.
No pop no style, I strictly root.

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium

View attachment 31630

View attachment 31631

View attachment 31632
I've bought the sqlabs 610 ergolux active, I'm not sure about which insert? You just put the most flexible in? Cuz they are riderweight rated with white <70kg, Grey <80kg and black >80kg.

I tried the black one yet (weight over 80kg) , till 50km it was great barely felt the saddle but when I got to 100km I could feel the saddle in my sitbones( not as bad as my old saddle ) and next day I could barely sit on the saddle.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles