Upgrade Lyrik 2021 to 2023

MBj1703

Jul 15, 2021
Germany, near Munich
Hi All,

what do you think about upgrading an RockShox Lyrik Ultimate 2021 to the new 2023 model?
Is it worth the money? Or better, is is an advantage?

I'm really interested in this butter cups. After a day in the bike park I really "feel" my arms.

Silent Drone

Jan 23, 2022
Salt Lake City
I have the 2023 Zeb on my Heckler and the upgrade that is the most noticeable is how quite the fork is. No squishy sound at all. Now, when I take out my Ripmo with its factory 36 I notice the squishy sound right away. Lol. The factory 36 is a great fork too, feels amazing on the Ripmo

Growmac

Subscriber
Dec 4, 2020
Wilts, UK
I can't comment on upgrading from '21 to '23, but my '20 Lyrik Ultimate was coil converted by Full Factory Suspension. It was a revelation in the Alps this summer, a real "I can see the braking bumps, I can hear them, but I can't really feel them" festival of comfort and grip. Can't recommend it enough as an option.

Interestingly though, and contrary to my expectations, the bike doesn't feel like a magic carpet just riding along a canal towpath, My Fox Factory 36es on my ebike do a better job on the small grumbly stuff, but it's a complete role reversal as soon as it gets rough or you're pushing on.

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
Doubt you’ll notice much difference. I had a Smashpot coil kit put in my Lyrik Select and they have transformed the fork. Well worth looking into.

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
2023 is an amazing fork.
Its first time I really feel a positive change.

I put on the ShockWiz, and its the first time I got 100 percent.
Very impressed.

Kiteboy

Mar 30, 2022
USA
I recently upgraded my 2021 Yari to a Lyrik and am happy with it. I now have the ability to eliminate diving into turns but have an active fork over smaller bumps. The Yari left much to be desired in that area and in adjustability and over-all performance, at least for the terrain I ride.

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Can the plus points(whatever they really are) truly be worth such an increase in money
You can get a lyrik ultimate(180mm) for £530. The latest incarnation is £890(approx). Thats a huge jump for probably very little in real terms.

Growmac

Subscriber
Dec 4, 2020
Wilts, UK
Can the plus points(whatever they really are) truly be worth such an increase in money
You can get a lyrik ultimate(180mm) for £530. The latest incarnation is £890(approx). Thats a huge jump for probably very little in real terms.
That's why I was suggesting investigating the coil conversion (about £200 including the service) first.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles