Unite Components

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Anyone bought any gear from unite?
They are a UK company and it's good to support local businesses etc and their stuff looks great but, ive never seen anyone using it or and reviews..
I was gonna buy a set of Nukeproof Sam Hill flats but their stuff popped up on my radar.
so, what we saying??

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
Look decent enough but they aren't in stock.
With new company's like this im always cheeky and ask them to do a forum discount.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I have the Unite Intend pedals, now running them on my DJ bike but had them on the emtb for a while

They are good pedals, I was say they take inspiration from the Burgtecs MK4 but with a larger pedal platform and better shape, as much grip as any pedal I have used, build quality is top draw, as good as anything I have seen, and you can just tell when you handle them that they are built to take serious abuse.

One great thing is that due to the shape (which is in common with a fair few good pedals) where the pedal tapers in at the front, they tend to glance off side pedal strikes (e.g if you are in a narrow gully or rut) unlike more square shaped pedals.Also due to the one piece design they dont get clogged up with mud, twigs etc.

I really like them, but prefer the HT Leap that I currently use on my EMTB, as I find the shape works better for me and the shoes I use (Unparallel Dustups) , but its marginal.

On my DJ bike, they work a treat, main reason I use them on that now is I tend to ride Vans/Skate trainers on that bike which they work very well with, and also they can take a serious beating due to the build quality, so well suited to a bike that see a lot of time being crashed and thrown about.

I would happily recommend them as a company, whilst I love flats and have primarily alway used them on MTB's, I also have a bit of a mental hangup about my feet always being in same position on the pedals, which is a hangover from riding track bikes and cleats for years too, and the main reason I use the HT's on my emtb is they mesh really well with my shoes in terms of achieving that, not that they offer more grip than the Intends.

Some pictures of the pedals ( you can see I have a bit of a blue pedal addiction :cool: )

Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 09.36.02.png

Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 09.36.18.png

Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 09.36.27.png

Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 09.38.25.png

Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 09.38.35.png

Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 09.47.03.png

Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 09.47.11.png

Last edited:

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
I have the Unite Intend pedals, now running them on my DJ bike but had them on the emtb for a while

They are good pedals, I was say they take inspiration from the Burgtecs MK4 but with a larger pedal platform and better shape, as much grip as any pedal I have used, build quality is top draw, as good as anything I have seen, and you can just tell when you handle them that they are built to take serious abuse.

One great thing is that due to the shape (which is in common with a fair few good pedals) where the pedal tapers in at the front, they tend to glance off side pedal strikes (e.g if you are in a narrow gully or rut) unlike more square shaped pedals.Also due to the one piece design they dont get clogged up with mud, twigs etc.

I really like them, but prefer the HT Leap that I currently use on my EMTB, as I find the shape works better for me and the shoes I use (Unparallel Dustups) , but its marginal.

On my DJ bike, they work a treat, main reason I use them on that now is I tend to ride Vans/Skate trainers on that bike which they work very well with, and also they can take a serious beating due to the build quality, so well suited to a bike that see a lot of time being crashed and thrown about.

I would happily recommend them as a company, whilst I love flats and have primarily alway used them on MTB's, I also have a bit of a mental hangup about my feet always being in same position on the pedals, which is a hangover from riding track bikes and cleats for years too, and the main reason I use the HT's on my emtb is they mesh really well with my shoes in terms of achieving that, not that they offer more grip than the Intends.

Some pictures of the pedals ( you can see I have a bit of a blue pedal addiction :cool: )

View attachment 45054

View attachment 45055

View attachment 45056

View attachment 45057

View attachment 45058

View attachment 45059

View attachment 45060
like the look of the HT pedals as well.. the crank brothers (for the bigger platform)and Sam Hills are the ones that I originally wanted but its a lot of money to be experimenting with..

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The crank brothers are my least favourite - substantially less grip from my experience than any of the other pedals pictured.

Personally if I was looking at pedals now, and didnt want to spend a lot of money, I would look at the HT PA03 (Far left in the pedal line up) and the new DMR V11. Both composite pedals, have tried the DMR's but the HT's are as good a pedal as anything I have ridden, they just dont come in the right shade of blue!

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
The crank brothers are my least favourite - substantially less grip from my experience than any of the other pedals pictured.

Personally if I was looking at pedals now, and didnt want to spend a lot of money, I would look at the HT PA03 (Far left in the pedal line up) and the new DMR V11. Both composite pedals, have tried the DMR's but the HT's are as good a pedal as anything I have ridden, they just dont come in the right shade of blue!

I have a couple of similar pairs to the HT, I have burgtech and nukeproof sets of composite pedals but for some reason they just dont feel right and I cant put my finger on why, I was assuming it was the material.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Where are you based?
well, im still in this debate, its come down to DMR vaults and the Unite pedals...
its taken me a long time cos I almost went back to clips.. but that scares me cos some of the riding here is pretty scary and I need the security of the emergency dab.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The quality is top notch, by far the best of any of the pedals I have - mine are still going strong on my DJ bike. I believe they have done a Mk 2 version of the pedal now called the 1.1.

Having had them for nearly 2 years my only comment on the original pedal would be that the pin shape they used could have more bite, but I believe thy have sorted this out on the new version.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Hello

I have just discovered the Unite instinct 😊
Any updates about these pedals ? Are you happy with them ?
Yes, I bought the new version and really like them. I have abused them with rock strikes etc but they just keep going, I've also had great support from unite when I needed it.
They work really well with the shoes I use as well, almost like being clipped and once your foot is on the pedal, it's not moving

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles