UK- Cornwall - Cardinham Woods trails mostly open again -

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
For anyone wondering, following trails being closed due to effects of Storm Eunice, Cardinham Woods is open again for Mtb.
2 sections still closed with fireroad bypasses but still an enjoyable ride out.
Instead of the gentle climb up to the trail head there's now more of an immediate direct route right up the side of the valley with signage advising you to push your bike up. First go I got three quarters of the way up before getting gear/ e-level wrong and nimbly leaping off my trusty steed as wheel started spinning and pushed it the rest of the way - nailed it 2nd go though when I knew what was coming.
As I left someone was attempting it on a manual hardtail - must have got 20ft before having to dismount 😱 - but apart from that it's fine. New challenges in there AND starting to dry out, which'd be nice 😁👍
Here comes Summer 🥂

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
Nice to get a useful post on it's condition awesome place to ride and only half a hour away from me
Yeah, I'm down in Hayle so best part of an hour each way. Try to get up there most weeks, love it 😁👍

Daev

E*POWAH Master
Jan 15, 2022
Cornwall
went here yesterday for 3 circuits - not busy (only came up behind 2 other groups in 3 circuits!!).
It was actually 3 sections bypassed but they'd opened 2 of them by yesterday with plans to sort the final section out by next week(ish), bless 'em.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles