Tyre/tire sealant remover

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I have bought myself a new rear tyre and some new coloured valves for both wheels and I need to remove the old sealant, does anyone have any recommendations for this task please, muc-off sell some but I wondered if there was anything else I could use that I might already have, thanks in advance

Sean

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Someone on YouTube said don’t bother removing it apart from the bead area, I just wanted to be sure by asking some expert opinions ?

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Great glad to hear it mate, I was doing good up until a week or so ago when I’ve done something to my back, I don’t know what but it’s extremely painful and stopping me getting out on my bike as much as I’ve have been doing ?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Rest, but keep moving at least every hour. I find Brufen 400mg every 4 hours is good. It is a combined painkiller and anti-inflammatory. It is double the dose stated on the packet, but my GP said it was OK for me as I don't have any stomach problems. If your back is still hurting, then don't do anything stupid until it stops hurting, then normal stupidity may resume.

Warning: I am not medically qualified, my back pain is not your back pain. Just sharing what works for me.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
No worries mate I appreciate your advice but alas I cannot take ibuprofen due to all the other medication I’m on, I’ve suffered with back pain since 2008 after an accident at work, I’ve had 6 spinal injections and tonnes of physiotherapy over the years too.

At the moment I have morphine patches and 30/500 co-codamol and if the spasms start I have Diazapam.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles