Levo Gen 2 Two green lights only

Jan 22, 2021
BC, Canada
Hi all,
2018 Levo. She's brought me the greatest highs on a bike and the greatest lows but lately it's all been lows. I've only got two greens (10% and 100%) on my TCU even though charge is 80%. MC shows everything normal. I've had power cable and bar remote both replaced previously. 100 charge cycles. I'm careful about cleaning. When I power up and off all LED work then it drops to the bottom two. can't adjust after that. thoughts???

Adam Thomas

Apr 25, 2020
Wollongong Australia
Hi all,
2018 Levo. She's brought me the greatest highs on a bike and the greatest lows but lately it's all been lows. I've only got two greens (10% and 100%) on my TCU even though charge is 80%. MC shows everything normal. I've had power cable and bar remote both replaced previously. 100 charge cycles. I'm careful about cleaning. When I power up and off all LED work then it drops to the bottom two. can't adjust after that. thoughts???
Hi There . I had a very similar problem to the one you have . Kenevo / Levo stuck in eco mode - EMTB Forums This is my experience with a very similar problem. I suggest you try another battery just to confirm that its not your battery. Mine ultimately was the battery unfortunately I had to buy a new one.

Jan 22, 2021
BC, Canada
Cheers. I've had the power cable and controller cable replaced previously chasing other gremlins which were resolved. My suspicion is the battery. 102 charge cycles... kinda disappointing. I'll report back when I hear from the shop.

QUOTE="Adam Thomas, post: 256928, member: 9150"]
Hi There . I had a very similar problem to the one you have . Kenevo / Levo stuck in eco mode - EMTB Forums This is my experience with a very similar problem. I suggest you try another battery just to confirm that its not your battery. Mine ultimately was the battery unfortunately I had to buy a new one.
[/QUOTE

Jan 22, 2021
BC, Canada
UPDATE. The shop says it is the battery (which I figured) and is now awaiting instructions from Specialized on how to proceed. Given the horrendous wait times I have been hearing about I suspect it will be quite some time before there is any resolution. Disappointing.

Adam Thomas

Apr 25, 2020
Wollongong Australia
Alternatively you can try to get your original battery fixed . There is a YouTube clip where a guy pulls one apart and replaces the cells. Once again its a research thing. Spesh did help me out on the price of a new battery. Either way good luck !!

Jan 22, 2021
BC, Canada
Three weeks in the shop and still nadda. The shop is "waiting for direction from Specialized". At this rate, spring will get here before I am back on my bike.

Jan 22, 2021
BC, Canada
Final update (hopefully). New battery required and I was charged crash replacement price. 102 charges and 3000km for the battery which died. Hopefully the new one lasts longer.

Adam Thomas

Apr 25, 2020
Wollongong Australia
Final update (hopefully). New battery required and I was charged crash replacement price. 102 charges and 3000km for the battery which died. Hopefully the new one lasts longer.
Mine failed around 80 charges which is not acceptable when they are said to do in excess of 800. . My father in-law who is a electrical engineer pulled my battery apart and checked the hole thing over. All the cells were perfect the wiring was perfect it seems the mother board which looked brand new & perfect was or is the problem. But unfortunately they can not be fixed. I hope your new battery holds up to the said 800 plus charges .

Jan 22, 2021
BC, Canada
I am not hopeful. At least there is another 2yr warranty which just means something else will die. I am quite sure there was water intrusion somewhere which cooked the whole thing...which is laughable but seems to be all too common on even the new builds. I just hope she lasts...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles