Turbo Levo SL - S-works Seat Height too high

Shane.T

Nov 4, 2019
Brookfield
Hi All

I picked up my new bike yesterday, first ride today, my bike size is size L. The bike felt really good but I find the seat height too high even on
though its on the lowest setting, is there any way I can lower the seat post which is a Rockshox Reverb AXW 30.9 at 170mm. Yet to have a chat with my LBS
but wondering what are my options? Would Specialized swap it over to a medium size?? Any thoughts would be appreciated. I need to drop it down by 25mm.

Porkyford

Feb 21, 2019
Edinburgh
Hi All

I picked up my new bike yesterday, first ride today, my bike size is size L. The bike felt really good but I find the seat height too high even on
though its on the lowest setting, is there any way I can lower the seat post which is a Rockshox Reverb AXW 30.9 at 170mm. Yet to have a chat with my LBS
but wondering what are my options? Would Specialized swap it over to a medium size?? Any thoughts would be appreciated. I need to drop it down by 25mm.
I had the same issue and had to buy a shorter post...

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The AXS dropper retails for circa £700 but you can find them on line for about £500.

I dont think you can buy them without the remote.

They are very popular though so you would be able to sell yours easily, and you might actually find that someone would want to swap a 150 for the 170 as the 170's are probably more popular.

Shane.T

Nov 4, 2019
Brookfield
The AXS dropper retails for circa £700 but you can find them on line for about £500.

I dont think you can buy them without the remote.

They are very popular though so you would be able to sell yours easily, and you might actually find that someone would want to swap a 150 for the 170 as the 170's are probably more popular.
ok thanks

Enon

Aug 4, 2019
Uk
@Shane.T is the problem you can't get the seat post low enough in the frame? If so have a look at the OneUp dropper posts. They have the lowest exposed height (distance between the saddle rails and the seat clamp of the frame) out of any dropper I've seen- around 20mm lower than the X-fusion Manic. They have the lowest overall length meaning you should be able to slam it in the frame to get the seat as low as possible. Furthermore you can use shims adjust the travel of the post if it extends too high for you.

If that is your problem, my advice would be sell/get a refund on the AXS dropper, buy a OneUp post and use the spare change (which is probably around £300 worth!) to get your suspension sorted

Last edited:

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I’ve got an XL Levo SL, which came with a 170mm dropper.
I’m nearly 6ft 2” tall and can barely touch the ground with the post slammed right down.

I generally drop the post when I stop - so it doesn’t really matter... but I’m amazed that they class the XL as for 6ft 1” to 6ft 4”.

Bencab

Feb 13, 2020
California
@Shane.T is the problem you can't get the seat post low enough in the frame? If so have a look at the OneUp dropper posts. They have the lowest exposed height (distance between the saddle rails and the seat clamp of the frame) out of any dropper I've seen- around 20mm lower than the X-fusion Manic. They have the lowest overall length meaning you should be able to slam it in the frame to get the seat as low as possible. Furthermore you can use shims adjust the travel of the post if it extends too high for you.

If that is your problem, my advice would be sell/get a refund on the AXS dropper, buy a OneUp post and use the spare change (which is probably around £300 worth!) to get your suspension sorted
Great advice Enon! I am using 180mm Version 2 One Up dropper post on my medium SL. Take note, use Version 2 and not the Version 1.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Hi All

did you purchase it online ? Basic error from the seller if you purchase it in a store.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
I’ve got an XL Levo SL, which came with a 170mm dropper.
I’m nearly 6ft 2” tall and can barely touch the ground with the post slammed right down.

I generally drop the post when I stop - so it doesn’t really matter... but I’m amazed that they class the XL as for 6ft 1” to 6ft 4”.

What's your inseam? I am 6'1" (tad less actually), and actually have my seatpost raised on my XL. I could even squeeze in a 210mm Oneup V2 if I wanted to go that route. I did push my seat fwd as much as it would go (I like that more up-right sitting position). I can sit on the bike with the post down and touch the ground (33" inseam)

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
What's your inseam? I am 6'1" (tad less actually), and actually have my seatpost raised on my XL. I could even squeeze in a 210mm Oneup V2 if I wanted to go that route. I did push my seat fwd as much as it would go (I like that more up-right sitting position). I can sit on the bike with the post down and touch the ground (33" inseam)

I can sit on the saddle and touch the ground, but it’s just with the absolute tips of my toes!
All my trousers are a 34” inseam, but I’m probably more like 33.5”. I only have size 8.5 (UK) feet though!
My saddle is about in the middle... and I have a Rockshox Reverb AXS 170mm post.

Enon

Aug 4, 2019
Uk
I can sit on the saddle and touch the ground, but it’s just with the absolute tips of my toes!
All my trousers are a 34” inseam, but I’m probably more like 33.5”. I only have size 8.5 (UK) feet though!
My saddle is about in the middle... and I have a Rockshox Reverb AXS 170mm post.

The AXS post looks like it has a really big exposed height (distance between the saddle rails and the seat clamp of the frame) so switching to a dropper with a lower exposed height should help a lot. Out of interest why did you buy the AXS dropper? Is it due to the lack of cable clutter on your bars?

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
The AXS post looks like it has a really big exposed height (distance between the saddle rails and the seat clamp of the frame) so switching to a dropper with a lower exposed height should help a lot. Out of interest why did you buy the AXS dropper? Is it due to the lack of cable clutter on your bars?

Lack of clutter, and it’s by far the best and most responsive post I’ve had. I had it on my Rail, and wouldn’t swap back to a wired one again.
Even on a bike where keeping it light is key, I’m happy to add 127g by putting the AXS on.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles