Levo Gen 2 2021 S Works Turbo Levo Spec Sheet

Foxxer

Jul 14, 2020
Arizona
I pick mine up tomorrow morning. Brand new to both mountain biking and e bikes. Can’t wait.

The S-Works Turbo Levo is by far the most stoke-inducing model in the Turbo Levo line. The top-shelf model features an entirely carbon frame with a stiffness-enhancing asymmetric Sidearm design. On top of that stunning frame, we've added 150mm of smooth and controlled suspension travel, the smoothest and most powerful motor, a new 700Wh battery that boosts your range by a massive 40 percent...and that's just for starters.
  • S-Works frames always represent the pinnacle of our engineering capabilities. In the case of the Levo, that means a full-carbon frame that's not only class-leading when it comes to weight, but absolutely bomber.
  • The custom Specialized 2.1 motor represents the pinnacle of e-bike motor technology. The new motor is more efficient, 15% smaller, and 11% lighter than its predecessor. It has many other features that no other e-bike can touch, like instant engagement, fantastic heat management, a double freewheel design that disengages the gear box when you hit top speed, and silent, smooth, and consistent output—even at max power.
  • The Levo’s Turbo Connect Unit (or “TCU”) is more than an “On-Off” button—it’s the brains of the bike. The TCU shows your battery level and power-assist mode. It also communicates, via ANT+/Bluetooth®, with our optional handlebar display to display even more information about your day’s ride.
  • This Turbo’s new Specialized M2-series battery features a 700Wh capacity, which increases your range by a staggering 40%. We integrated that battery seamlessly inside the frame and made it easy to remove with a single hex wrench.
SPECS

FRAMES-Works FACT 11m full carbon, 29 Trail Geometry, Integrated down tube battery, enclosed internal cable, dropper post routing, 148mm spacing, fully sealed cartridge bearings, 150mm of travel
REAR SHOCKFox Float DPS Factory, Kashima, 3- position adjustment, 52.5x210mm, Kashima coating, Rx Trail Tune
FORKFox Float 36 Factory, Grip2 damper, 160mm, 51mm rake, HSC, LSC, HSR, LSR, Kabolt axle
STEMDeity Copperhead, 35.0mm
HANDLEBARSSpecialized Trail, FACT Carbon, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 27mm rise, 780mm, 35mm
GRIPSDeity, Knuckleduster, Black
FRONT BRAKEMagura MT7 with custom Loic lever blade, 203mm rotor
REAR BRAKEMagura MT7 with custom Loic lever blade, 203mm rotor
REAR DERAILLEURSRAM XX1 Eagle AXS
SHIFT LEVERSSRAM AXS Eagle Controller
CASSETTESram XG-1299, 12-speed, 10-52t
CHAINSRAM XX1
CRANKSETPraxis Carbon M30, custom offset
CHAINRINGSSRAM X-Sync Eagle, 104BCD, 32T,steel
RIMSRoval Traverse SL 29, hookless carbon, 30mm inner width, 2Bliss Ready, hand-built, 28h
FRONT HUBRoval Traverse SL, sealed cartridge bearings, 15mm thru-axle, 110mm spacing
REAR HUBRoval Traverse SL, DT Swiss Star Ratchet, 54t engagement, SRAM XD driver body, 12mm thru-axle, 148mm spacing
SPOKESDT Competition Race
FRONT TIREButcher, GRID TRAIL casing, GRIPTON® compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.6"
REAR TIREEliminator, GRID TRAIL casing, GRIPTON® compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"
SADDLEBridge, 155/143mm, Hollow Ti-rails
SEATPOSTRockShox Reverb AXS, 30.9mm, S: 125, M:150, L/XL: 170mm
MOTORSpecialized 2.1, custom Rx Trail-tuned motor, 250W nominal
UI/REMOTESpecialized TCU, 10-LED State of charge, 3-LED Ride Mode display, ANT+/Bluetooth®
BATTERYSpecialized M2-700, integrated battery w/rock guard, 700Wh
CHARGECustom charger, 42V4A w/ Rosenberger plug
WIRING HARNESSCustom Specialized harnes

Alpman

Oct 21, 2019
Annecy France
Sweet man. Welcome and pls report your first ride impressions and subsequent experiences. Your learning curve will be high. These bikes are def not your Dad’s MTB. As soon as the better half is looking the other way I’m going to upgrade my MY20 S-works to the AXS full ecosystem. Enjoy - I know you will.

ofcounsel

Apr 20, 2020
Brea, CA
Congratulations! Looks sweet. I have a 2019 Levo Expert I bought as a leftover at a deep discount just before Covid began in full rage. I love mine, and have done some significant upgrades since I picked it up. Like Alpman, I'm thinking of going AXS on mine soon.

Foxxer

Jul 14, 2020
Arizona
Thanks. Did the first ride today. I’ll be 100% honest.
1. The look feels way to sub par for their flagship bike. The red is so lack luster. Although it’s a pearl red it looks a lot less than every other bike in the store.
2. The ride today was an hour. My demo ride the other week on a 2019 Levo comp felt pretty much identical.
3. the front shock is rattling when I ride on bumps. Any bumps. Is this normal?

I get it at my level I won’t be able to really distinguish the differences between a bike at less than half the cost vs this.

I believe I’m the first in the US with this new bike. So looking forward to what’s ahead with it.

Alpman

Oct 21, 2019
Annecy France
Can imagine a certain amount of buyers remorse when you shell out this sort of money. It’s natural. I was also a little disappointed in the appearance of my 2020 S-Works. The black carbon was as you say lackluster and uninspiring. That said the more I rode it the less important that became
I would say there should be zero rattling in your front shock. And if there is rattling it will be simple to fix. Expect some teething problems. This is a sophisticated bike with many interrelated electro-mechanical parts and no, even at this price point I don’t believe you can always expect a flawless out of the box riding experience despite what others might say. But when you get it dialed in it will be a thing of beauty and I guarantee you’re gonna love it.

ofcounsel

Apr 20, 2020
Brea, CA
Also, as you’re new to the sport, you’ll learn that suspension settings as well as tire pressure settings are key to how the bike feels. You want to play with settings to find what works for you too. But once you get it set up, you’ll find you’ll like the fork/shock, I’m sure.

MooreFun

Jul 17, 2020
New Zealand
Awesome mate. I’ve just ordered the same bike... can’t wait to take it for a spin - hopefully in store and assembled next week. Large amount of cash to part with (!)... but AXS and Magura’s pushed me to pull the trigger. Similar situation as you - used to ride a lot when younger and this is first bike in years... times have a moved on a bit since my Orange Ms Isle...

gaba

Dec 31, 2018
California
I have a 2019 S-Works. I did several upgrades including 160mm fork, Saint brakes, bars, stem. Mines only 1x11. My wife has Carbon Comp, my neighbor has Expert Carbon. Not much difference in performance per say but the weight difference is very significant. I appreciate it most when lifting bikes in and out of my truck bed, and I appreciate the lighter weight some on the trail as well. Worth the price to save your shoulders? Debatable. Eagle must be nice to have. Rattle up front could be a loose headset, cables rattling (can reroute or add fasteners), brake pads (normal With some brakes but can be annoying), brakes themselves ?(make sure your Allen bolts are tight to spec), wheel (Check side to side play and spoke tensions), or suspension itself. Check the headset before you blame the suspension. I’ve had some suspension knock out of the box in the past that required a warranty, but I’d be surprised if that was your problem.

ofcounsel

Apr 20, 2020
Brea, CA
I have a 2019 S-Works. I did several upgrades including 160mm fork, Saint brakes, bars, stem. Mines only 1x11. My wife has Carbon Comp, my neighbor has Expert Carbon. Not much difference in performance per say but the weight difference is very significant. I appreciate it most when lifting bikes in and out of my truck bed, and I appreciate the lighter weight some on the trail as well. Worth the price to save your shoulders? Debatable. Eagle must be nice to have. Rattle up front could be a loose headset, cables rattling (can reroute or add fasteners), brake pads (normal With some brakes but can be annoying), brakes themselves ?(make sure your Allen bolts are tight to spec), wheel (Check side to side play and spoke tensions), or suspension itself. Check the headset before you blame the suspension. I’ve had some suspension knock out of the box in the past that required a warranty, but I’d be surprised if that was your problem.

I did some upgrades on my 2019 Levo Expert Carbon with an eye towards lightening it up a bit, because like you, I also lift mine in and out of my F-150 truck bed and hang it on the lift gate to transport. I changed out my wheels, tires, handlebar, stem, grips, crank arms, chainring, cassette, front axle and saddle. I also went from a 700wh battery to a 500wh battery (turns out I don't really need the bigger battery on 99% of my rides). I got mine to 43.75lbs (ready to ride with SWAT tool, bottle cage and pedals). I imagine an S-Works could easily be at 42 lbs.

2A04154F-19DC-4BB0-BF33-47B23241E6B6_1_201_a.jpeg

E7A3D130-80EF-4CA6-B7A9-E733F085BCAB_1_201_a.jpeg

Foxxer

Jul 14, 2020
Arizona
I’ll try post a video on the next ride to show you the issues. It wasn’t there yesterday however on my vineyards / hill ride.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Been a long time rider of clock work bikes, 1st "real" mtb was in 1990 when GT was a top-notch brand. Remember dropping $3,500 on an RTS which was an insane amount at that time.

After several bikes throughout the years, took the plunge and got a 2021 Specialized Turbo Levo S-Works. Was just a few months ago I was one of those snobs who turned their head if I came across a "cheater" on the trail!

Being in my late 50's, can honestly say I'm having the time of my life! Being transparent, I'm no couch potato (still ride ~4 Century's/year on my road bike) but I can't climb hills like a billy goat like I could back in the day. Modern emtbs have opened up the world to a much rider array of riders.

Since getting my Levo, my custom Yeti SB130 has been collecting dust, so I decided to sell. Not cus I need the $, but a bike like that deserves to be ridden on a regular basis. Still have my custom Canyon Torque for bike park/shuttle days.

My 1st choice for an emtb was the YT Decoy, but they were not available until the Shred and Elite were released. Kept hearing rumors about a new YT model coming out and low and behold, they released the Elite model. Pulled the trigger and have a "available from 11/11" date which based upon threads on this forum site, may linger into next year.

Went to my lbs to looksie at what was available at brick and mortar stores and they literally just put a brand spanking new 2021 Specialized Turbo Levo on their main display stand. Dude didn't even finsh putting it on the stand and I had him take it off for a test ride.

Been riding it for about 5 weeks and adjusted to the ride characteristics pretty quick. Actually look forward to the climbs as much as the downhills! This is my 1st Specialized mtb, owned a few of their S-Works road bikes. Although they are the giant on the block (no pun intended!), gotta respect them for their innovate or die ethos.

As with all my off the shelf bikes I purchase (normally I buy framesets and custom build my rides), I made a few upgrades/changes to personalize my new sleigh. Changed the grips and saddle to Ergon, switched the 35mm Deity stem to a 31.8 Deity Copperhead and added SQ Lab 30x12 degree sweep bars. After about 15 rides with various psi settings on the stock spesh Butcher/Eliminator tires (consider them junk) upgraded to Schwalbe Eddie Currents and wow, what a marked improvement!

Unfortunately about a week ago, I started having issues with motor turning off mid-ride and other bizarre problems like getting stuck in turbo mode and seriously thought my bike was possessed! Bern in the shop for a week now and still being diagnosed by lbs/Specialized tech via remote access.

Prior to the motor/contoller or whatever the heck the problem is, was VERY impressed with how the new model Levo rode. I'm more of a wheels on the ground guy then a big air guy like I was in my youth! Now I am no slouch and still hit the black and double b lkk ack diamond trails on my yearly trip to Whistler and my various visits to Big Bear each year.

If anyone wants feedback, feel free to reach out. Understand the riding characteristics for the Levo and YT Decoy are designed to be different, but would love to hear from someone who has extensive rides on both.

Happy Trails!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles