Turbo levo size guide 2019

deanphoto

Dec 14, 2018
UK
Ah, ok guys, i was hoping at 6ft3 i might just about fit on a L but looks like its XL

I'm 6ft1" and ride a Large. Sizing isn't that important on e-bikes due to the extra stability that comes with the weight. You will just about fit on a Large, I chose a Large because the XL's feel huge and have a taller standover. If I was 6ft3" I'd probably still choose a Large too because I only tend to use the bike for power-hour laps however, if you're doing high mile rides you'll likely be better off on an XL.

You need to demo one.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
I'm 6'3 on an XL. Took a large out, it's just too small in reach and gives a hunched feeling.

I wear 34" length jeans and still have 2" of seat post exposed above the 150 drop. That's not even optimum riding condition, it should be another inch higher. With similar dimensions you be so far over the back wheel on a large.
Screenshot_20190326-081054_WhatsApp.jpeg

Adasb

Subscriber
Jun 6, 2018
New Zealand
I'm 6'2" and ride a large. The 1st gen Levo was smaller and i was more comfortable on an Xl on that model. I like a playful smaller bike, so L suits me but you also need to take into account your relative body proportions - i'm relatively short in the legs compared to torso.

As others suggest, you need to demo them both, although that may be hard to do in the current short supply environment...

xcentric

Feb 2, 2019
Market Drayton
6' - large. And as an additional note, it feels like a 'big' large which is just the way modern geometry stacks up, but worth taking into consideration.

DITB

Jun 14, 2020
Hong Kong and Switzerland
With 6'1" I am also just in between L and XL. I am a noob, but a middle aged such, and mountain biking for me is mainly a more fun way to get exercise. Otherwise, I mainly run and swim for exercise.

When I see videos of MTB riders going fast and narrow, winding trails, with jumps and such, I am thinking "I don't need to be able to do that". I am mostly concerned about not getting injured (too much), as I'm the sole provider for the entire family (at the moment, and for a while).

With that in mind ... L or XL?

AZ-EMTB

Jun 14, 2020
Arizona
5,10 and have a 2019 XL .. I installed a 35mm stem to shorten it up. I went XL because I'm 240lbs and it is rated higher on weight. I also swapped to 27.5x3 wheel/tires from the 29ers.. flipped the chip to get pedal clearance back and fits me well.

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
Hello people,

Does anyone know how tall you can be to fit on a size L Turbo levo?

Kind regards,
It depends on your relative body proportions and the type of riding you plan to do. Longer torso with shorter legs & 6' or a bit taller you might want to go with XL. Longer legs with shorter torso & 6' you might get by with L just fine. Type of riding: If you plan to do longer rides one of those bikes is going to be a more comfortable fit than the other towards the end of your rides.
Either way, only way to know for sure is a test ride that includes very steep climbs as well as very steep descents. Even if the only way to do this is to ride a steep hill at the edge of the parking lot by your bike shop, you really do want to just get out there and ride up and down repeatedly for at least 15 or 20 minutes to get a good idea. Boring yes but quite enlightening. A simple once or twice up and down the hill is not going to really help you. You have to do it until your body gets tired from it to really know which size fits better for your body type.
I can't emphasize this enough. Nobody else's experience will help you since the chances of them having the same body proportions as you do are unknowable. Even if you have to drive several hours to do this it would be worth it with the amount of money you will spend and how long you will have to live with this decision.

westcoastmtbr

Aug 22, 2019
California USA
Was looking at a Levo SL and possibly a new Turbo Levo. My next door neighbor just purchased a turbo levo and went XL. It just feels like a huge bike to me at 6'1" , 32" inseam. The standover is way too high, and like I said, it just feels way too big. Demo your bike or risk being very sad about the size of the bike if you get it wrong. The stack seems to be a big deal in your consideration.

Last edited:

TooTallPaul

Oct 28, 2020
Bend, Oregon
I am 6'4." Do you think an XL will be too small for me? I have long arms and legs but think average for me height. Any advice appreciated as this will be my first e-bike. Thanks.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles