Levo Gen 3 Turbo levo fit 223mm rotors in the rear?

Jonnymac

Feb 21, 2019
Inverclyde
Yes you can so long as you use the appropriate Galfer calliper mount adaptor. I think the one you need is the SB001 +43mm (PM-PM+43). The Levo Gen 3 is as standard 180mm using calliper fitted direct to frame so if you want to fit 223mm discs then you need the +43mm adapter. I have Sram HS2-220mm disc fitted on the rear of mine and I used the Sram 40mm adaptor to achieve that.

DJ Ultrawood

Aug 12, 2019
Chamonix
Thanks Jonnymac. In fact my G3 came as standard with SRAM centreline rotors, 220 on the front and 200 on the back. I swapped out the Code r brakes it came with for Code RSC´S as I has a terrible incident of brake fade, but I still find the Code RSC’s fade after a big decent and I’m in the French Alps so can’t avoid those. They seem to need bleeding a lot also so I’m going to get the bleed kit and do that myself to do micro bleeds regularly and of course keep the rotors scrubbed and clean. Before I look at replacing callipers and levers to a Shigura set up ( possibly) I want try better/ bigger rotors (non- SRAM ) and upgrade pads ( non SRAM)

I looked around, considered floating rotors but read that may have problems with loose rivets and noise as they are two components. I see Galfer have 2mm 223mm shark rotors which dissipate heat better, and these are good paired with Galfer purple discs, so that’s my plan.

Front rotor should be a straight swap from 220 mm 1.8 SRAM centerlines to 223mm 2.0 Galfer sharks.

I could get 203 Galfer sharks for the back using the same mounts but then thought may as well get the 223 for the back but this needs an adapter. I assume I swap out the existing adapter and put in a new 43mm Galfer adapter.

Any thoughts on my plan and which adapter to order ?

Any input greatly appreciated. I could take it to the LBS but I’m keen to do this myself so I can bleed and tweak the system as I go along.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles