Turbo Levo Creaking Noise When Peddling

JimD

Apr 7, 2018
Las Vegas
Greetings fellow Levo owners.
I have a 2018 Levo which has an annoying creaking noise when peddling. It's not the pedals or cranks from what I can tell. I had found an article in a forum a few weeks back, where someone had discovered it was the plastic motor covers and had solved it by applying a thin coat of grease in the seems of the covers. There was definitely something to it because I found this did help get rid of some of the creaking, but not all of it. Is anyone else battling with creaky noise in the bottom bracket/motor area of their Turbo Levo?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi Jim.

Things to check
  • Chain Guide alignment
  • Battery bolt firmly mounts
  • Multi Tool
  • Saddle / Seat tube tightened correctly
  • Cables under the battery are not slack
Maybe some other have some more suggestions but maybe somewhere to start if you’ve not already checked the above.

Rob.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Also check that the suspension pivots are tight and the shock mounts. I had creaking in my Vitus earlier in the week and an all round righting of all the pivots and mounts solved it

JimD

Apr 7, 2018
Las Vegas
Rob,
Your list nailed it!
As I was checking saddle, which I had never suspected, it became evident that the dropper post was the source of the creaking. Took the saddle off and the noise was internal. Seemed tight so I lossened it, wiggled it around then tightend it back up. The noise seems to have gone away. Many thanks!!

skyhigh levo

Dec 12, 2020
california
mine was much more difficult to find, motor was replaced by dealer and they installed it wrong. i made a post yesterday, long story but worth the read.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles