Turbo Levo Choices

Andrew U

Jun 10, 2020
Brisbane
So, I have already decided I want a Turbo Levo Comp, money is burning a hole in my pocket.

Problem is there is no stock local to me in Australia that I can find so far. Have been emailing all shops within 50kms radius so far. Don't really want that far as I want the closest for service and support.

Learnt the 2021 models are due in limited stock in mid-July, however they are expected to be an additional 10% more (mainly due to the weak aussie dollar).

Today I got a hit back from one of the shops, not with a 2020 but a 2019 Turbo Levo Comp demo they want to offload at a reduced price. Other than bit of downscale of some of the components compared to the 2020 version the only real difference is the battery size. The shop is also going to price what a batt swap to a 700w would be.

What to look for in an ex demo eMTB? Should this like dealing with a secondhand car? e.g. how many kms has it done?? What is it real value, should I ask for greater discount??

Options I see are:
  • Keep searching for 2020 and potentially pay full RRP.
  • Wait for 2021 and pay RRP +10%.
    • There is a chance that the standard 2021 Turbo Levo will have the batt and some components of the 2020 Turbo Levo comp?? If this was the case, I might go for this.
  • Purchase this 2019 Turbo Levo Comp either with the 500w or upgrade to the 700w.
Help!!

Forever Wild

May 21, 2020
Arizona
So, I have already decided I want a Turbo Levo Comp, money is burning a hole in my pocket.

Problem is there is no stock local to me in Australia that I can find so far. Have been emailing all shops within 50kms radius so far. Don't really want that far as I want the closest for service and support.

Learnt the 2021 models are due in limited stock in mid-July, however they are expected to be an additional 10% more (mainly due to the weak aussie dollar).

Today I got a hit back from one of the shops, not with a 2020 but a 2019 Turbo Levo Comp demo they want to offload at a reduced price. Other than bit of downscale of some of the components compared to the 2020 version the only real difference is the battery size. The shop is also going to price what a batt swap to a 700w would be.

What to look for in an ex demo eMTB? Should this like dealing with a secondhand car? e.g. how many kms has it done?? What is it real value, should I ask for greater discount??

Options I see are:
  • Keep searching for 2020 and potentially pay full RRP.
  • Wait for 2021 and pay RRP +10%.
    • There is a chance that the standard 2021 Turbo Levo will have the batt and some components of the 2020 Turbo Levo comp?? If this was the case, I might go for this.
  • Purchase this 2019 Turbo Levo Comp either with the 500w or upgrade to the 700w.
Help!!
Wait for the 2021.

speedkills

May 17, 2020
Boulder, CO
FWIW, I wouldn't worry too much about which shop you buy it from. Your local Specialized dealer is going to support you the same even if you buy the bike somewhere else because they are out of stock on the model you want, same as they would support anyone who bought their bike last year when they lived somewhere else and just moved into town.

I tried to buy from my local shop, he couldn't get the bike I wanted, so I picked it up from another shop. They don't welcome me going there for parts or service any less and have the same support from Specialized if it comes down to replacing a motor or something like that.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles