Upgrading, sidegrading, downgrading my bike choices

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
Hi, new guy in NW Phoenix area. Wife and I live a few hundred yards from wide open desert and mountain riding so we make good use of it regularly. I've just ordered another eMTB...I promise this one will be THE ONE. It's a Tazer MX Pro. I've been a motorcyclist all my life so the more Moto-type bikes have always connected for me. And more power. But I learned that more power and weight has a penalty (DUH). I also have one of the generic EEB style bikes; the Enduro Electric Bike with a 5kW rated motor and controller, but actually pushing 8kW. It's fun, but also limiting on bad terrain because of the weight and crappy Chinese suspension.

We also have a Biktrix Juggernaut Ultra (going to sell, WAY WAY too big), and a Fantic XTF1.5.

The other toy in the garage is a 2020 KTM 390 Adventure. That's illegal to ride on our closest trails, but we're not far from moto-legal trails.

What I hope to improve with the Tazer MX is the damping all around, the dual-level progression on the forks, and of course, being light. I'm sure I will miss the throttle, the stupid power, and the crazy-huge battery life. I'm pretty sure I will like the compromise because the Fantic is so great. But it's a medium and not set up for my fat ass. It's primarily the wife's ride.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles