Turbo Levo Brose 1.3 Grinding Noise

Shandeew

Mar 7, 2024
Serbia
What do you guys think could be the cause of this grinding noise on my Turbo Levo 2018 bike ? It's coming from inside the motor, only when using pedal assist. No noise when backpedaling, and when the assist is turned off there is zero noise. It starts about 20 minutes into the ride, and from then it gets progressively louder. It is the loudest when going low speed. Could it be the belt or the sprag bearing? I really don't know so I would be very thankful for some experienced thoughts.

Here is the video included :

Shandeew

Mar 7, 2024
Serbia
All outside factors checked, when the power is turned of bike is dead silent while pedaling.

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
What do you guys think could be the cause of this grinding noise on my Turbo Levo 2018 bike ? It's coming from inside the motor, only when using pedal assist. No noise when backpedaling, and when the assist is turned off there is zero noise. It starts about 20 minutes into the ride, and from then it gets progressively louder. It is the loudest when going low speed. Could it be the belt or the sprag bearing? I really don't know so I would be very thankful for some experienced thoughts.

Here is the video included :
Sorry for the late reply, just came across your post. This is not a common sound for a Brose to make but going on the frequency of the noise, it is either a planetary gear snapped off or belt related. It would definitely be worth getting it checked out sooner rather than later. Does the noise get louder when climbing?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles