Levo Gen 2 Turbo Levo 2021 price increase

willeco

Jul 28, 2020
Halle
This is a global price increase and the worst part is, that Specialized charges the new prices to the lbs’ even for bikes they have ordered for the ‘old’ pricing so I expect only the customers that got their bikes before Nov 1 will still get the lower price.
If that turns out to be true, my S-Works Roubaix will have been my last Specialized and then they can stick their bikes in their...?
I'll know within a few days...

valium97

Oct 21, 2020
Germany
If that turns out to be true, my S-Works Roubaix will have been my last Specialized and then they can stick their bikes in their...?
I'll know within a few days...

We’ll see! Maybe your lbs will eat the cost in order to keepyou happy. Just wanted to let you know that the dealers have to deal with the increase as well, even if they ordered the bikes months ago...

willeco

Jul 28, 2020
Halle
We’ll see! Maybe your lbs will eat the cost in order to keepyou happy. Just wanted to let you know that the dealers have to deal with the increase as well, even if they ordered the bikes months ago...
I get a price increase due to the current situation (even if it's not right to charge a higher price than the one when ordered) but come on ...
a sudden 700 euro price increase !? That is pure theft imo...

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
In Sweden we got a 18% increase so a Turbo Levo S-Works is now about 15.000€
My FSR that I bought for 3200€ is now 6700€. Totally crazy. I where considering selling my 2019 and upgrade to a carbon but that is over 10.000€ now so out of the picture.

magnil

Sep 25, 2018
Sweden
In Sweden we got a 18% increase so a Turbo Levo S-Works is now about 15.000€
My FSR that I bought for 3200€ is now 6700€. Totally crazy. I where considering selling my 2019 and upgrade to a carbon but that is over 10.000€ now so out of the picture.

And our currency is about 11% stronger than a year ago versus USD. Something is definitely wrong.

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
Specialized increased the prices 12% across the board, also for normal Road, MTB, fittnes bikes.. :mad:
Hope this bites them in the ass on a long run, as this way, will certainly lose a lot of potential customers.
Or maybe they are just to big, that they don't care.

willeco

Jul 28, 2020
Halle
Well, after all I must have a VERY good LBS. (For the Belgians: BIKE-INN Herentals).
Today I picked up my long awaited (was going to be available end of December but Santa came much earlier) Turbo Levo Comp and the guy didn't even mention the 700 euro price raise. I got my bike at the price I ordered it for.
They changed the chainring from 32 to 36, swapped the 10-51 cassette for a 10-45, beefier grips, other saddle, did the tubeless trick, all free of extra cost too.
They did forget (well, tbh, I forgot to tell them I was going to ride the bike home) to charge the battery and with only 2 bars and 36km to go, I suspected to feel how the Levo rides without support. To my surprise I got home allright (only ECO), the red light showing only 2km before I arrived...:D
So, happy camper here.
Did I mention it rides fantastic ?

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Looks like its not just Specialized, I've noticed Trek have just put up its ebike prices by about 10% in the UK.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
No its not really to do with Brexit, though that probably doesn't help, its due to increased manufacturing costs from the Far East due to Covid and logistics costs, prices going up globally not just UK, this quite informative:

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Trouble is they've retrospectively increased the prices of bikes already over here.
So import tax, brexit and labour costs have nothing to do with those bikes.

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
No its not really to do with Brexi[/URL]

Well.....like it or not....but every extra task that has to be done to import to a country, costs extra.
We export to UK, and since we have to do extra special task, the price to UK has gone up.

This might not be the only cause....but it's there anyway.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Yes its there, but the bulk increase across the board in bike prices and availability isn't really related to it - I am no fan of Brexit but its not really something that can be blamed for this one!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles