Tuning acceleration

55plusmxinsanity

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 18, 2019
Apple Valley, California
So, I tried a suggestion to reduce the acceleration to zero. It was a definite improvement in the dry, hard pack conditions I ride in. It really works like traction control and it was much easier to climb hills without breaking the tire loose.

Any other settings you all like?

bowser

May 23, 2019
Australia
I find the acc setting to be like horsepower and shuttle setting to be like torque. Acc makes it easy to mono, shuttle helps keep the wheel up

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
I am new to emtb, and I continually forget about using my gears properly. Many combinations with gears and power levels.
Concentrate first the gears, always the right gear up- and downhills without too much pressure to your chain. After that try different power levels. Then you could be a master

55plusmxinsanity

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 18, 2019
Apple Valley, California
Thanks for the replies. Today, I kept acceleration and shuttle at zero. Eco mode is 25/35, trail mode is 35/100, and turbo is 100/100. I ride this not for speed, rather for consistent heart rate and to not get my hr blown out on steep climbs. I also ride significant downhills, single track and groomed. I only use turbo to get myself home if I am “done”. Most of the time in eco, I keep it in trail on fast downhill sections just in case I need to increase speed for an obstacle(rare). I’m a novice at this mtb riding, but not in electronics or suspension (50 years of flat track and motocross). I am tickled about how these motors make training fun. I’m always hoping to try suggestions, hence this thread.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles