Acceleration response

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
I'm not sure what you mean by "delay". If you mean a lag, a period of time in which power delivery is postponed, I don't think the Acceleration setting affects this. Based on my experience with 2018 and 2019 Levos the Acceleration response determined how rapidly power delivery ramped up. It seemed like you could set it to come in quickly over ~100 msec up to slowly over ~1 sec (very rough estimates!). The 100% "Race" setting on earlier models proved a bit much for some situations where subtle control was required. Too fast of full power delivery could cause problems. - an example would be negotiating a tight uphill switchback. I also noticed that faster Acceleration settings tended to use more battery presumably due to increased power demand. Your trails and riding preferences/skills will determine what works best for you.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
I'm not sure what you mean by "delay". If you mean a lag, a period of time in which power delivery is postponed, I don't think the Acceleration setting affects this. Based on my experience with 2018 and 2019 Levos the Acceleration response determined how rapidly power delivery ramped up. It seemed like you could set it to come in quickly over ~100 msec up to slowly over ~1 sec (very rough estimates!). The 100% "Race" setting on earlier models proved a bit much for some situations where subtle control was required. Too fast of full power delivery could cause problems. - an example would be negotiating a tight uphill switchback. I also noticed that faster Acceleration settings tended to use more battery presumably due to increased power demand. Your trails and riding preferences/skills will determine what works best for you.

thanks - just razzed up and down the road on 0% then 100%, can't say I notice a difference.

I'll bump it up to 100% and try it on the trail.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I don't have a Speccy, but to me "acceleration response" is nothing to do with the delay between pressing the pedal and something happening. I am pretty sure that it is just how fast the power climbs from start to max, not how soon the start begins.

To illustrate, it's the difference between Sport and Eco on the automatic gear box in a car. You mash your foot down and there will be a delay before the power comes in, whether you notice it or not, but the response of the car to Eco vs Sport will be very noticeable in how soon you break the speed limit. Go to an engine tuner for remapping and they will transform the response even more! But the physical bits all stay the same!

eabmex

Patreon
Jun 8, 2018
Guadalajara, Mexico
Acceleration setting affects how quickly power ramps up when you put more pressure on the pedals. a quick way to notice the effect is when you stall and need to re-start on a steep hill. Too little and you will struggle to make enough momentum, too much and you might have issues with loosing traction and controlling the bike on technical terrain. A side effect worth noting is that the "after-run" after you stop rotating the pedals increases with acceleration, In my case I find it helpfull to have some as it helps clear technical bits like rocks where you can not pedal, too much and the bike seems to have a mind of its own. I use 40%.
As already mentioned it also affects battery life.

Goodmango13

Jan 25, 2020
NY
I agree with the "after run" comment.....it does seem very affected by the "acceleration response". It can be useful ramping it up if you get comfortable with it's intensity based on the power level you're in....good for some technical stuff or fast flowing trails where momentum comes in handy but too much can get you going into "WTF" territory.
It certainly is worth messing with to see how it works for you on your trails....

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles