Levo SL Gen 1 Trying to find a noise I'm hearing when pre-loading before a jump

ktown

Aug 2, 2020
Woodstock, GA
I've had my Turbo Levo SL for about 3 weeks now and I've found that it makes an odd creak or noise when I'm pre-loadig the bike before a jump. I'm sure it's not a Turbo Levo SL specific issue, but hoping someone has seen something similar and might be able to identify the noise. Here is a link to a short clip of the noise. Thanks!

Andy__C

Apr 11, 2020
South Wales
No SL for me mate, but my 2012 stumpjumper (ancient by Levo SL standards) had click on preload and that was solved by re-doing the rear shock bolts and bushing - out, cleaned and torq'd.

Bike noises are hard to track down - its not a good noise to have on 3 weeks of use. One for the bike shop you purchased the bike from if it is local.

Or:

ktown

Aug 2, 2020
Woodstock, GA
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I’ve done quite a few things to “fix” the noise, but still need to get out on the trails to ensure I cured the problem. If it worked, I’ll post the remedy. If not, I’ll keep fielding possible solutions....

lmartins

Sep 19, 2018
Portugal
@ktown did you figure out the issue on your bike? I have a similar sound coming out from the shock upper bolt and for the life of me I can't get rid of it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles