Trying to connect my Levo and Creo to Misson Control, with no luck...

Ace Freely

Jul 31, 2019
Wenatchee, Wa
2020 Levo
2020 Creo
Galaxy 9 Note

...downloaded the app, it finds the bike, asks for a 4 digit pin (says it'd usually 0000 or 1234) I plug one of those in, doesn't work. Plug the other combo, no worky... tried with both bikes, both pins...

... how do re set the pin? I looked at a few threads on here, but it seems like the pin # in Europe is a 6 digit number...

Any thoughts?

Ace

D

Deleted member 7464

Can't be sure but I think the number I had to use is on the side of the tcu so you have to lift it off the bike to read it.

D

Deleted member 7464

I had a look on specialized website and it shows a 6 digit number in their manual. You could try it and see what happens

Attachments

• 1.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 929

Ace Freely

Jul 31, 2019
Wenatchee, Wa
I had a look on specialized website and it shows a 6 digit number in their manual. You could try it and see what happens

...I did that, and....SUCCESS!!! I was stuck on a 4 digit number...I know, I know, square peg/round hole.

Thanks Bigcoose for steering me in the right direction!

Ace

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
This has come up a few times before and I remember a year ago when I first connected to MC that ther was this confusion. Just to check for total clarity is it MC that specifies a 4 digit code or some other documentation? As you found out what is actually required is the 6 digit unique reference of the bike.

Ace Freely

Jul 31, 2019
Wenatchee, Wa
This is what was throwing me for a loop...

...PERHAPS Spesh should/ could change this on the app....

Ace

Screenshot_20200405-085551_Settings.jpg

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Yes..in which case tell Spesh. It looks like they left a part of the normal Bluetooth connect process in the script....but that part of the connection process is a security check between 2 devices each of which can respond e.g. 2 mobile phones. Obviously there is not need for that step here and the bike has no means to respond to sharing a security code.

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
Sadly this suggestion of 0000 or 1234 is a standard prompt from the phone operating system, not from our app. We wish it didn't come up!

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Sadly this suggestion of 0000 or 1234 is a standard prompt from the phone operating system, not from our app. We wish it didn't come up!
I think it depends on the security system used and that in turn depends on the BT version being used. Certainly from BT 2.1 onwards there are choices of levels of security for pairing. Maybe take a look at how Gopro connects to various Gopro Apps like Quik etc. Never had to swop 4 digit security codes with Gopro.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles