Trek Rail - small frame - how tall are you? :)

piotreek

Jun 20, 2022
Poland
My gf is trying to get a Trek Rail for herself, but she has no way to try different sizes first.
Being 167cm / 5'6", she seems to be between the sizes (like everyone, right). Just a quick poll in case there are folks here that had a similar choice between S vs M. What did you finally get and how does it feel now?

St4nley

Subscriber
Nov 17, 2020
Derbyshire
My wife is 5’4” on a small rail she loves it, also tried my medium rail, she could ride it but it was to much bike for her where it’s rocky, so be careful not to end up with too larger bike especially with the additional weight.

ebikenut

Jun 30, 2022
Mississauga
I was about to wait out an XL frame on my Rail 9.8xt, but I did the inseam measurement that my local Trek dealer recommended. Something about standing straight against a wall, with a stick and measuring tape (tons of YT videos available). Turns out while I’m 6’4”, I guess I’m more torsoy vs leggy, and the L frame was the recommendation. I was able to snag a bike that was available much sooner.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
My wife is 5'7"/170cm and Medium 2022 alloy Rail 5 is a good fit (but I think she could also ride a Small). If a 2022 carbon frame I think she would probably be better with a Small.

raf

May 7, 2020
UK
I'm 5'7 and on a medium 2022 - it is slightly smaller than my previous bike and fits well - wouldn't want it any smaller. I can highly recommend going mullet for shorter riders at least, much easier to turn and to lift the front up for bunny hops and manuals.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles