Fuel EXe Fidlock mount for the range extender does NOT work for a small Fuel EXe frame!

ZillaG

Nov 15, 2022
Cary, NC USA
The Fidlock mount for the range extender (RE) does NOT work on a small EXe frame. The top of the RE pushes against the bottom of the top tube, pushing the RE cockeyed against the top engagement point of the mount, using it as a fulcrum, and away from the bottom engagement point of the mount.
IMG_7685.jpg

Turning the Fidlock mount upside down puts the RE too low and it hits the shock.
IMG_7687.jpg

This adapter https://a.co/d/iz5orXJ raises the Fidlock mount as it lays on the down tube and there's not enough room for the RE to fit. There's no way to fit the RE without it hitting the bottom of the top tube or the shock.
IMG_7692.jpg

This adapter worked https://a.co/d/8zon1BJ, but I don't how it'll work in real-world riding.
IMG_7693.jpg

Last edited:

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I hope that works. Good effort on the mounting options. I may not have the same problem …I have the medium.

The spare battery is a bit expensive though. 🥺

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I gave up on the fidlock battery mount after a few months use and went back to the bottle cage mount.

The fidlock is very secure, no issues with it on that front, but the locking mechanism where you push/pull a tab to secure the battery in place starts to stick making it very hard to release the battery, so hard I had to use pliers to pull the release tab. I feared at some point it would get permanently stuck and I wouldn't be able to take the battery off.

No amount of lube, cleaning etc could make the mechanism move freely.

Maybe it works better in a dry climate?

ZillaG

Nov 15, 2022
Cary, NC USA
I gave up on the fidlock battery mount after a few months use and went back to the bottle cage mount.

The fidlock is very secure, no issues with it on that front, but the locking mechanism where you push/pull a tab to secure the battery in place starts to stick making it very hard to release the battery, so hard I had to use pliers to pull the release tab. I feared at some point it would get permanently stuck and I wouldn't be able to take the battery off.

No amount of lube, cleaning etc could make the mechanism move freely.

Maybe it works better in a dry climate?
I ride in mostly dry conditions since they close our local trails when they're wet.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles