Trek Rail in a Bike Park, Have You Tried It?

Miguelftx

Sep 3, 2021
Portugal
Hi guys, I am new to the forum. I want to know if you have tested the Rail in a bike park scenario? If so what are your thoughts?

Miguelftx

Sep 3, 2021
Portugal
I was thinking to take my rail to a bike park like Leogang or something similar in Italy. Is there any part to remove the battery and use the bike as a pedal only? The objective is to reduce the weight.

j3ayy

Oct 10, 2020
North Yorkshire
I was thinking to take my rail to a bike park like Leogang or something similar in Italy. Is there any part to remove the battery and use the bike as a pedal only? The objective is to reduce the weight.
I wouldn’t ride the bike without the battery fitted it’s park of the structural support

dixie600mhz

Oct 13, 2020
Austin, Texas
I take my non ebike to spider mountain just outside Austin, TX. The ebike would be too heavy to constantly lift onto the ski lift hooks and hook by the front wheel only for the ride up.

Miguelftx

Sep 3, 2021
Portugal
I take my non ebike to spider mountain just outside Austin, TX. The ebike would be too heavy to constantly lift onto the ski lift hooks and hook by the front wheel only for the ride up.
I understand what you are saying. I would keep the Rail for Enduro/Trail and get a new bike for bike parks.

Thanks ;)

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
I've ridden bikeparks approx 300km (including lifts) this summer. The front suspension is Cane Creek Helm so not oem. I think the Rail has been good enough for me as I've just started the hobby this summer. Real DH-bike feels much lighter in berms but Rail is good compromise as long as I don't have a real DH bike.

I'm not jumping the huge gaps red bull style but the normal ones are okay.

Anchor lift is okay if you put piece of inner tube around the upper part of dropper. The dropper seems also withstand hanging the whole bike in some chairlifts. I've never removed the battery. In some parts Volspeed + turbo is nice feature to out of the berm if you happened to pull the brakes.

..but still I guess I'm planning to buy a built purpose DH bike for 2022 summer.

20210806_123805666_iOS.jpg

Miguelftx

Sep 3, 2021
Portugal
I've ridden bikeparks approx 300km (including lifts) this summer. The front suspension is Cane Creek Helm so not oem. I think the Rail has been good enough for me as I've just started the hobby this summer. Real DH-bike feels much lighter in berms but Rail is good compromise as long as I don't have a real DH bike.

I'm not jumping the huge gaps red bull style but the normal ones are okay.

Anchor lift is okay if you put piece of inner tube around the upper part of dropper. The dropper seems also withstand hanging the whole bike in some chairlifts. I've never removed the battery. In some parts Volspeed + turbo is nice feature to out of the berm if you happened to pull the brakes.

..but still I guess I'm planning to buy a built purpose DH bike for 2022 summer.

View attachment 70892
Hey Hamina, thank you very much for your input. I guess you are right, the best option is to look for a 2nd bike. Keep the Rail for the Trail/Enduro rides and get a specific bike for bikeparks.

Mr_Price

Feb 27, 2021
North Vancouver
I’ve done two (big) days at Whistler on my Rail. I wouldn’t want to add 1000kms at a bike park because of the expense of wear on the bike. It feels so good on the flowy / jump Trails.

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
I’ve done two (big) days at Whistler on my Rail. I wouldn’t want to add 1000kms at a bike park because of the expense of wear on the bike. It feels so good on the flowy / jump Trails.
For some reason I didn't understand what you try to say:
Do you mean that it doesn't make sense to buy a DH-bike for just 1000kms in bikepark or....
Do you meant that for 1000km per year in bikepark the Rail is good enough?

Btw. I just bought a downhill bike for the next summer. One reason was that the Rail doesn't have to take all the beating.

Mr_Price

Feb 27, 2021
North Vancouver
For some reason I didn't understand what you try to say:
Do you mean that it doesn't make sense to buy a DH-bike for just 1000kms in bikepark or....
Do you meant that for 1000km per year in bikepark the Rail is good enough?

Btw. I just bought a downhill bike for the next summer. One reason was that the Rail doesn't have to take all the beating.
It always makes sense to buy new bikes. That’s a bike riding law. Your reason for biking a DH bike is correct. I have another bike to ride at the park. Can you ride it at the park? Sure, it’s awesome there. Is it a good idea? For a few days a year, sure. If you ride regularly that’s an expensive ride for lift served.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles