Trek Rail cable routing - bottom bracket area

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Had a pinched brake line once which was incorrectly routed through the lower battery bulkhead. The battery bulkheads can apply a bit of pressure to the lines(4-5)as they pass through. The lines or hoses may not move freely until the battery bulkhead(s) are slightly loosened. (Sm torx security). Clips in the battery compartment can also hold the lines secure. Chasing the similar path as the old line is a bit easier with that tiny connector tool.

You’ll need to get comfortable with dropping the motor. It gets easier after the first time. 😳

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
I don't understand why Trek wants rear cables to be crossed, it looks like there is a lot of space to put them straight....
Any thoughts?
PXL_20230223_195816914.jpg

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
Ok. I put together with cable crossed, but even with this, your have to press the motor to compress derailleur cable....

I could imagine a bit better cable routing ..

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Ok. I put together with cable crossed, but even with this, your have to press the motor to compress derailleur cable....

I could imagine a bit better cable routing ..
It’s a real cluster f**# sometimes. I think this was one of the reasons I installed the AXS derailer and dropper. But somehow it all fits. I had to take pictures the first time.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles