Trek Powerfly LT 9.7 vs Specialized Turbo Levo comp carbon

Beavis353

May 29, 2019
PA
Howdy folks. First post here, looks like a nice forum.

I bought a 2018 turbo Levo (base model) about 1.5 years ago and LOVE it. Problem is that I like it so much that I can’t stop thinking about upgrading it.

So, here’s what I’m thinking and was wondering about your comments.

Looking at the specialized comp carbon as it seems to be a natural evolution. I have a good local dealer and was happy with my 2018. I’m not sold on the 29er spec this year, as I’ve loved everything 27.5 in the past few years

I also have another good friend who owns a trek dealership who can get me on a Powerfly LT 9.7 for a little less. It’s 27.5 plus Which is nice, but don’t care for the big display on the bars.

What would you pick and why?

I don’t particularly care for the flex I get with the current base model wheels and front fork. Which carbon model (trek or specialized) comes with the best performance fork and wheels for stiffness etc? I love biking but can’t keep up with the specs for the life of me.

Larsey

Feb 4, 2018
MN
Brose is arguably the best motor at the moment (ie quiet, responsive, very little drag after cutoff). Bosch has new motor on the horizon.

2019 Levo feels like you are more in the bike instead of on top. Also has shorter stays so it is more agile in the tight stuff.

The Carbon frames on either are beautifully constructed and both come with alloy rears

Battery removal on the Trek is pretty awesome if you have the need to remove it often.

Trek has updated the Powerfly 3 years in a row and have to believe it will be again (with the new motor)

After riding 27.5 Plus and switching to 29er it does not take much time to be railing corners

Can’t really go wrong with either but you will have the latest technology with the Levo

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I was initially put off Levo because of the 29 wheels but was amazed as soon as I rode it that everything seemed so balanced and the wheel size did not really enter my mind.
27.5 with 2.8 plus tyres are in any case about the same overall diameter as 29s with 2.6 tyres

davarello

Oct 29, 2018
New Zealand
Tried both the LT and Levo in alloy and ended up with the Levo - prefer the 29er wheels, being able to tune the assist levels, the discrete controls/display and also the Bosch motor on the LT was about to be replaced as we've just seen

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles