Fuel EXe Trek Central app

TQmotorguy

Apr 8, 2023
California
I’m considering getting a Fuel EXe and would like to know what info the Trek central app shows you when reviewing rides. I have a Levo sl now and use the Blevo app which shows tons of data, like motor and rider power at any point in the ride when reviewing it post-ride. I downloaded the trek app but it doesn’t let me see what is might log without pairing it with a TQ bike, which I don’t have yet.
And for anyone with both Levo sl and fuel EXe experience, is the trek motor really as quiet as reviewers seem to say? Like how quiet is it compared to the Levo sl motor whine?
Thanks!

TQmotorguy

Apr 8, 2023
California
Wait, you are TQmotorguy and don't own one? May have tipped your hand a bit.
Yeah, as I said, I’m considering getting a fuel exe to replace a specialized Levo sl. I haven’t been able to test ride one yet so I asked the questions in my post.

Can you give me some feedback on my questions?

Thanks

Julie_X1

Jan 22, 2023
Canada
I don’t have the Levo SL but have a Vado SL with the same SL motor. As well as a Fuel EXe.

The Trek motor is basically silent. The noise level of the SL motor never bothered me, but if someone is riding near you, they can tell it’s an e-bike. With the Trek, there’s no motor noise to give that away.

Honestly, I don’t feel that much difference in power output between the SL motor and the TQ one, but I realize I am not comparing a Levo SL to the Fuel EXe. You have to work for it still. It feels more like an analogue bike with some extra help. Which is what I was looking for.

Swingset

Sep 9, 2022
Southern Cal
Agree the TQ is nearly silent. It maybe me but at the 500 mile mark it seems even more quiet than when I got it. I was looking at a KSL briefly and the motor hum was a deal breaker.

I have a Garmin 530 and the amount of data possible is way more than I care about between all the various apps.

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
. . . Honestly, I don’t feel that much difference in power output between the SL motor and the TQ one, but I realize I am not comparing a Levo SL to the Fuel EXe. You have to work for it still. It feels more like an analogue bike with some extra help. Which is what I was looking for.
@TQmotorguy -

@Julie_X1 has it right. I have/had a
Vado SL, Levo SL, and a Creo SL (yes, I’m a bike whore). The SL motors whine, whereas TQ motor is whisper quiet. Power is about the same, but the TQ comes on stronger earlier so it feels more torquey at lower cadences. I like that! However the SL seems to give about 5-10% more range.

Regarding handling I feel that the Trek has more modern geo and outshines the Levo SL That’s as important or more important to me than the silent TQ motor.

Like @Swingset I use a Garmin and find that it provides plenty of info.

TQmotorguy

Apr 8, 2023
California
Thanks for your reviews everyone. The whine of my specialized SL motor seems to annoy me more and more. A near-silent TQ would be a welcome change. Does the trek app or the garmin data collected give detailed motor power details from a ride?

Julie_X1

Jan 22, 2023
Canada
Thanks for your reviews everyone. The whine of my specialized SL motor seems to annoy me more and more. A near-silent TQ would be a welcome change. Does the trek app or the garmin data collected give detailed motor power details from a ride?
The bike itself can display rider power and motor power in real time during the ride.

After the ride, in your stats in the Trek app, it displays:
- average rider power
- average motor power
- peak rider power
- peak motor power

As well as:
- average cadence
- average speed; top speed
- elevation in graph format over the course of the ride; total elevation
- speed in graph format over the course of the ride
- distance
- ride time
- calories burnt
- the map of the route you did

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I have both the Levo SL and the EXe. The EXe feels like it has a little more power delivery, but not by much. The EXe is very natural in comparison. The hype about the EXe’s silent motor is absolutely true. The SL is VERY loud in comparison. EXe all day over the SL. There are a lot of other good options out there and I believe I saw a post of a couple more are coming out very soon. You do not regret an EXe purchase.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles