Fuel EXe TREK after sales

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
What are Trek like with after sales on replacement motors?

I've never owned a Trek, so don't even know if there are motor issues? but curious what they are like should a motor need replacing? are you without your bike for a long time?

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield
What are Trek like with after sales on replacement motors?

I've never owned a Trek, so don't even know if there are motor issues? but curious what they are like should a motor need replacing? are you without your bike for a long time?
I can't comment on Trek but with most manufacturers you would be without your bike for a while whilst waiting for replacement.

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
not with Spesh if you know where to go, you can get a new motor fitted the same day. Walk in, walk out, job done.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
That’s not the norm though.

IME, Trek have been very good but it’s actually down to how good the LBS are.

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
Can't speak to the entire planet, but in the USA most (all?) Trek dealers are owned by Trek themselves, so service tends to be excellent.

St4nley

Subscriber
Nov 17, 2020
Derbyshire
Have had experience twice up to now having Bosch motors replaced on two Trek Rails, both done through a bike shop that is a Bosch service centre it also sells Trek’s and runs a fleet of Trek Rail hire bikes, but this is not my Lbs.

The longest wait was 3 weeks and this was over the Christmas period.

Also I’ve never had to pay anything as all sorted between the service centre directly with Bosch.

As regards to the new TQ motor on the new Ex , who knows how good TQ will be.

Viserys

Apr 17, 2021
UK
My experience has been excellent. Brought my Rail from an online supplier as the LBS (Trek dealer, Ridgeway Cycles Wantage) didn’t have one. When I had issues with the power dropping out they carried out 3 visits to fix it for free, quickly. At 3000 miles when my Motor died they had a new one supplied and fitted in 4 days, also didn’t cost a penny.

slomtbr

Subscriber
May 14, 2021
US
The shop where I bought my Rail ignores all of my emails, won't return calls. My local Trek dealer (Sonora Cyclery) treats me like I spend $1000 a day with them.

Last edited:

Viserys

Apr 17, 2021
UK
To be clear, My LBS Ridgeway Cycles in Wantage are the ones that treat me so well. Didn’t even buy the Trek from them but get 1st class treatment anyway. I would have brought it from them but they couldn’t get one when I was shopping. The online supplier may have been fine but I didn’t need to mess around with sending it away when Ridgeway Cycles sorted me out.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles