Transalp. Munich to Lake Garda in Italy

-W-

Jan 6, 2019
Finland
Great trip, great video and great route (+weather seemed to be excellent also!)!

This was very inspiring since I have been thinking excatly this route my self (because it is easy to fly to Munich and start the trip straight from there). Wouldn't you happen to have gps track to share from this trip?

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
What an awesome experience! Can only dream of being able to do that one day. How did you manage to conserve your battery?
I have these things that hang under my seat called Legs!! Before the trip I did quite a lot of biking and training.
Basically you learn to bike without using the motor at all wherever possible, and then where it is needed only use Eco for as long as possible. When I saw that I wasn't going to have any problems with battery power, then I would allow the luxury of using Tour, Emtb or even Turbo.
Lunch breaks we normally loaded the batteries for an hour.
Realy important is to have at least a 4A charger. 2A is a drop of water on a hot stone.
Better still would be the 6A charger. I have a Bosch bike so there are the different chargers.

Aug 11, 2019
Croatia
tra weight - would run faster than the analog bikes DH, when not pedaling . But this did also puts a
I have these things that hang under my seat called Legs!! Before the trip I did quite a lot of biking and training.
Basically you learn to bike without using the motor at all wherever possible, and then where it is needed only use Eco for as long as possible. When I saw that I wasn't going to have any problems with battery power, then I would allow the luxury of using Tour, Emtb or even Turbo.
Lunch breaks we normally loaded the batteries for an hour.
Realy important is to have at least a 4A charger. 2A is a drop of water on a hot stone.
Better still would be the 6A charger. I have a Bosch bike so there are the different chargers.

Well now I can't sleep. :)
I am planning to do a Transalp with my buddies for the summer 2020. and your report and video spiced it up a bit. A lot, actually.

Tnx!

Frank_Denmark

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Dec 17, 2018
Denmark

The restaurants and cafés is very positive towards EMTBiking and let you charge your batteries while eating. EMTB are just normal in the Alps (y):coffee::cool:

Trail-Niels

E*POWAH Master
Jul 15, 2019
Silkeborg, Denmark
The restaurants and cafés is very positive towards EMTBiking and let you charge your batteries while eating. EMTB are just normal in the Alps (y):coffee::cool:
kitzbueheler-alpen-pillerseetal-e-bike-1-rol.art-images-1.jpg

macinthekitchen

Jun 28, 2020
Ringwood
Got a couple of questions ... welll, a couple to start :). What was your kit list? What did you carry? Also, you mention diverting from the transalp EMTB route to a normal MTB route. Was the normal one a better route? Better views?

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Hmm, I accidentally deleted my packlist.
Basically it was 2 sets of cycling clothes. (sox, shorts, Padded undies, Merino t.shirt) + 1 long arm shirt.
for evenings a 3rd t-shirt + light pants. and flipflops.
A light warm jacket/pulli
Leglingers
gloves
Good rain jacket
Rain trousers
light bike lock
First aid kit
Energy drink powder
energy bars
Various tools / pump /shock pump / gear hanger
Loading stuff for bike / cameras etc.

The Normal route had more trails and was a bit more technically challenging than the eMtb route. And as I love trails etc and my son is a very good biker and the rougher and more challenging it is for him, the better, so we chose to change.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles