Whose bike has died on holiday?

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I am a bit gutted that on day 2 of a 3 week biking holiday, I got error 500 on my Bosch cx gen 4 motor. It happens on day 2 of an 8 day transalp after biking 2 days in torrential rain.
Luckily it happened towards the end of the day in Austria, and we could turn around and easily ride to a nearby town.
The next day in a bike shop, they tried all sorts of things, and were in contact with Bosch, and they announced it dead .???
Luckily to continue with the trans Alp my wife drove out from Munich and brought me her bike.
But the next 2 weeks at lake Garda in Italy will be without my bike.
Anyone else have this happen?
I guess I will be renting, that will add substantial cost to the holiday.

SteveSSS

Aug 14, 2019
Lancaster, UK
I'm heading off Monday for 5 days of riding in Wales, with an intermittent E010 fault. I'm taking my normal bike as back up but don't relish the thought of using it, especially with others on emtbs.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I'm heading off Monday for 5 days of riding in Wales, with an intermittent E010 fault. I'm taking my normal bike as back up but don't relish the thought of using it, especially with others on emtbs.
Good luck. I hope everything goes well. Take a tow rope so if you do need to use your analogue bike, others can pull you.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles