Trance X E + 1 flip chip. Nightmare.

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
Is it supposed to be an easy 2 minute job? Absolute nightmare! No idea how it could possibly be a on the trail swap as Giant promote. Honestly it was like winning the lottery with aligning stuff up. Any advice if I want to swap back to the other position?

The anxiety of not threading the bolts was real. Bike mechanics of any kind make my good boil 😃

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
After you've done it a couple of times you will get the job done easily 😁

However, I would never do it on the trail to avoid loosing anything.

There a couple of ways to do it more easily, here's just two:

1) if the bike is hanging in the bake stand etc, tie the rear wheel to the main frame with a rope etc.

2)if the bike is standing on the ground, fix the saddle with a rope to anything above it.

Either way, the bike will not collapse if you remove the bolts and you can allign things more easily.

I also recommend to just pull back the bolts a bit until you can pus out the flip chip but they are still holding the small alloy ring.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Twonks

Apr 16, 2022
Midlands
I swapped my 2022 Trance X E+ 1 from high to low whilst the bike was up on a stand.

Relatively painless and needed a bit of rear end wiggle to get the chips seated but nothing major.

If doing it outside, I'd be temped to find a tree or similar to hook the seat over and get the rear wheel off the floor although the ride difference isn't great enough to justify changing it on the fly.

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
Took about 2 min in bike stand with back wheel just touching ground.
Sorry Not helpful today I know!

Be interesting if you notice any difference.
I think a bike stand is key by the sounds of things.

I honestly felt the bike handles so much better up and down and even on flat. I’m amazed actually! It’s fascinating just how much a few cm here and there - and psi / rebound clicks makes the bike ride.

Now I’ve spent time dialing it in its fantastic! I love this bike.

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
After you've done it a couple of times you will get the job done easily 😁

However, I would never do it on the trail to avoid loosing anything.

There a couple of ways to do it more easily, here's just two:

1) if the bike is hanging in the bake stand etc, tie the rear wheel to the main frame with a rope etc.

2)if the bike is standing on the ground, fix the saddle with a rope to anything above it.

Either way, the bike will not collapse if you remove the bolts and you can allign things more easily.

I also recommend to just pull back the bolts a bit until you can pus out the flip chip but they are still holding the small alloy ring.

Hope this helps.
Thanks man. I've picked up a work stand that will help with future repairs etc.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Thanks man. I've picked up a work stand that will help with future repairs etc.
if you're interested, and if they're available and not too expensive, one of these might be good too: I shopped around and found one for Au $70. They're good for 50lbs (22.7kgs). I remove the battery. Most others are around 35lbs or less (16kg).

Thule bike frame adapter.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles