2021 Trance X e+ pro 1 power issues

Smonkey

Mar 21, 2022
UK
Hi all,

I noticed earlier this week that my bike hadn't fully charged after being connected all day. It had been around 50% when I put it on charge but had only reached around 85% after about 7 hours.

I took the bike out for a ride the following day and it went down to about 37%. I put it on charge about an hour after I got home and left it for about 14 hours until the following morning. The charging light was still flashing green. I switched the charger off and disconnected it then powered the bike up. When I connected the Giant app it said the battery was only 75%. I rode the bike about 3 miles and when I got home it was back down to 50%. I connected the charger but after several more hours, the battery hadn't gained any more charge.

I disconnected the battery from the bike today and charged it directly. The battery compartiment and connections were all treated to some electrical cleaner spray and the battery recharged to full after a few hours. I've just reconnected the bike and now the bike won't even switch on.

So wonderful people, thoughts please. WTF is going on? Is my bike fooked?

* edit - so I went out this morning and the bike wouldn't power on. Removed the battery again and replaced it. Now the bike powers up.

Last edited:

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
That is a well known issue wit the latest software of the SmartGateway. Lots of riders have reported extremely slow charging inside the bike and loss of motor settings when battery is being removed.
No communication or solution from Giant.

Smonkey

Mar 21, 2022
UK
That is a well known issue wit the latest software of the SmartGateway. Lots of riders have reported extremely slow charging inside the bike and loss of motor settings when battery is being removed.
No communication or solution from Giant.
Ooh, that's good then 🤣

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles