TOUGH studded skinny mtb tires?

darwink1

Dec 19, 2022
Ontario, Canada
So, since the in between season seems to be getting longer each year (fall/spring) I've decided to start looking for a set of skinny, studded tires for my sc bullit.

As of now I'm riding my norco bigfoot vlt fattie but fat tires aren't exactly tough enough for our rocky terrain. I've already slashed one cake eater rear and lost 26 studs in 4 rides on the replacement.. I don't dare run anything from 45nrth when there's still rock exposed because they are exceptionally fragile and slash very easily. The maxxis fatties are the toughest but don't come in a studded version.

That being said does anyone make a tough, studded skinny in a 2.6ish 29/27.5 size? The maxxis dd/dh casing tires are about the only ones that actually stand up to the sharp rocks around here but they don't make anything with studs.

I've found skinny, studded 45nrth wrathchildren in a 2.6 but am hesitant since the fat versions are so flimsy when it comes to both the tread and the sidewall. The 45 site actually doesn't recommend them for e assist bikes on top of that so...

Shwable makes the ice spiker pro in a 29 and 27.5 but I honestly have no experience with that brand besides running the old Mary's on a v10 way back when.

Pics for attention.

20231209_133012.jpg
20231209_125051.jpg
20231209_130202.jpg

Any advice is appreciated guys, thanks in advance!

D

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles