Tool to adjust sram gx 11speed turbo levo dérailler gap

diogo282828

Mar 15, 2021
portugal
Hello guys,
Could anyone direct me to a link to purchase the template/jig to adjust the sram gx 11sp derailleur gap. I've found a few in different sites, but they point almost for the axs models, and others. Can't be sure what to get.
Thank you.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Most places only seem to stock the Eagle version now.
It is really not necessary anyway. With the bike on the ground and the chain on the biggest cog, let some air out of the shock until it is at its sag point. You now need c 14mm gap across between the tip of the largest cog teeth and tip of the upper pulley wheel teeth at their nearest point. Re inflate your shock and put the bike on a stand and check your gear change. I have never found the 14mm to be exact because it can change between a brand new chain and one that has been in use for a while. The gap is set so that the chain does not foul the largest cog but is short enough even under shock compression to enable the mech to move the chain between all the cogs, even the smallest cogs. Hesitation changing from the biggest cog to the next biggest is the easiest sign that a small adjustment is needed.

You can take the measurement again with the shock re inflated, either with the bike on the stand or on the ground. You will probably find it now measures 5 to 7mm. Take a note of the measurement and you can then do a quick check even out on the trail without deflating the shock etc.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
£8 for a piece of plastic!! I personally think the whole process is a nonsense. The gap is supposed to be set with shock at sag point........some set their sag to 30% , others anywhere from 20 to 30%.......different shock have different travel....different rear triangle arrangements affect chain growth differently, a new chain has less side to side movement of the links than a broken in chain,......so it is not a definitive measurement The adjustment is there to prevent fouling the largest cog whilst still enabling the chain to move between cogs all the way down the cassette.
I just start with a 5mm gap top jockey to largest cog with the bike in a stand and the shock left alone. The back wheel is hanging so the chain is not going to get shorter than that. That is about the closest gap that ensures the chain is able to move to the biggest cog without fouling. After that I am happy to adjust the gap bigger to get the best downward shifts.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles