Kenevo Gen1 Tighter than TIGHT

Master_G

Oct 13, 2019
Gloucester
Hi all,

Got a problem with my Kenevo 2019 expert.

Just picked up a replacement battery as mine had an LED gone bad, the one supplied WILL NOT fit, it's too tight to the frame for the hole to line up, has anyone had this before?

I noticed that the old battery I took out seemed very tight, almost as if it was binding and this is the first time I've ever taken the battery out!

Getting fed up now, specialized have been helpful in getting me a battery in 4 days but I'm worried something may have been wrong with the frame from new!

I have tried to fit yet another battery and it's exactly the same!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I took the bottom "hinge" off and tried it every different way, it never seems possible to get it to sit like the manual shows....

Anyway the last time I put it in, it's now actually loose ! Every time before I've had to squeeze it in .

Master_G

Oct 13, 2019
Gloucester
I got it in, 2 whole hours of swearing and throwing tools (misses is not happy)

I had to slot an Allen key into the battery bolt and literally lift the bike off the ground, whack the battery bolt and tighten.

It seems it needs to go upwards towards the frame an extra 1-2mm, I don't think that adjusting the hinge would have made a difference.

At least I have arms like Popeye now.

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
Check the wires from your TCU arn't getting in the way. On my SL, I had to pull them up to get them out of the way, as the slack just 'sits' in the tube.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I
Check the wires from your TCU arn't getting in the way. On my SL, I had to pull them up to get them out of the way, as the slack just 'sits' in the tube.
Its a 2019 Kenevo, slightly different set up but your advice is not wasted.
As suggested check the wires are clipped in right as they can sometimes fall out and bind with the battery.
Also check the bottom bolt on the battery as when this is done up too tight it pulls in the plastic ends of the battery in slightly causing it to not hook into the bottom slot on the frame.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Turn the front wheel to one side, drop in the battery so it's about horizontal, push down and back to locate it then pivot it up into place.
I have a spare and regularly change them and can't say it's an issue.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I wish mine was that easy, 2 hour nightmare to get mine in!
Did you put it in with the power button on the left of the bike or the right ?? ;):p:ROFLMAO:

I think if the bottom "hinge" is mounted the wrong way round it inhibits the battery dropping back by several mm's.

Maybe you have a prototype 700wh battery ?

Master_G

Oct 13, 2019
Gloucester
Nah I checked all that, 504wh unfortunately. The light does go by the plug socket doesn't it?? I did play with that hinge, it was like the battery needed to be pressed into the frame more instead of up or down. Something's not right, it's in but I'm not happy about it, specialized should be in contact tomorrow I'd have thought.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles