Thoughts on this Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC Race 625 2021

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
A good option I'd say. Considered that myself before going for the TM as I do slightly more aggressive riding than you. Gotta wait until Nov though. Check out "Real Life Gadget Reviews" on YouTube.He has one and will respond to any questions.

He has had a few issues but I believe all sorted and fairly typical of what can happen

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
It looks awesome. I have a merida e140 ltd which is a 135 / 130mm travel ebike, lower specced than yours. I really like it. I ride mostly blue with some black; it's all steep. For the majority of riding I haven't found this lacking. I probably use it close to it's full capabilities (suspension, brakes gearing etc) where as others probably only use theirs to about 60%. I'm guessing yours will be a similar focus as a trail bike with equal bias toward climbing and descending. I've been getting into jumps and drops too; that isn't a problem if your suspension is dialled. I generally have around 5mm unused, and occasionally use it all, which is my ideal. You'll love it.

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
Just as an idea, if your local cube dealer has 2020 versions left, you might get a 2020 TM for close to the same price. The difference between 2020 and 2021 is very small so I would prefer that. Other than that great option.

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Just as an idea, if your local cube dealer has 2020 versions left, you might get a 2020 TM for close to the same price. The difference between 2020 and 2021 is very small so I would prefer that. Other than that great option.

I tried getting a 2020 model before ordering my 2021 TM. I was told ALL 2020 models were long gone barring a small size somewhere in the SW.

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
I tried getting a 2020 model before ordering my 2021 TM. I was told ALL 2020 models were long gone barring a small size somewhere in the SW.
ok, I see. I my local dealer in Spain he still has a few 2020 AT's left in various sizes at a good price but TM's are gone.

MC1

Jul 24, 2020
Dundee
I have that one coming in October mate, the Mrs is riding the 120 pro to work every day, she thinks it's great..only one thing I went over the bars and and fractured my radial bone in 2 places lol..I blame it on her bike being a small when I need a xl

Hers is a 2020 bought from bikester, I think they still have a few 2020 models

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I've just noticed / realised that the cube in question is carbon fibre. If you want to save some more money and get something that is easier to live with, what about aluminium? And what about the decathlon stilus? Is that cheaper where you are? It seems to get great reviews for a budget offering. There has been a lot of conversation about it in the forums here too. This looks like something that could excite you more, and not limit your growth if you get into it :LOL: If it was me, I'd prefer to wait for this sort of bike; you still have a clockwork mtb to ride in the interim? That isn't considering local support though; with emtb that has significant value.

Last edited:

scjgreen

Aug 5, 2020
Exeter
I've had mine for a while now covering just over 300 Miles so far.

Issues i've had

Noisy Brakes
Bent Mech / Hanger
Faulty Charging Socket
Creaky Cranks

Nothing too major and i've managed to get it all sorted now.

Cabby.

Apr 17, 2020
Scotland
I've just bought a 2021 AT, jeeezus....it's an absolute beast, need to change the tyres me thinks for now as they are like tractor tyres and I'm unlikely to do any proper mountains at this time of year now.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles